Nuggets and specimens for sale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Evening all.

A friend of mine had 2 of these nuggets for sale a long while ago for quite a price. Now wanting to get a boat and looking to sell for something more reasonable.

Please disregard the gold ring in the first photo. He did want to sell the lot as a whole but has decided to seperate the ring.

Pic 1 - he wants to sell the lot as a whole - except the ring. The golf tee is for scale and yes, it can be included free ;)

1630751613_mercer_s_total_gold_amp_ring.jpg

Pic 2 - the long specimen. Has spent a bit more time in acid since it was last advertised. Total weight now is 22.54 grams. Gold weight via SG last time was estimated at 17.9 grams. We have not SG'd again but feel it has pretty much only lost quartz and not gold - barely any left over gold in the acid when removed.

1630751671_mercers_long_piece.jpg

Pic 3 - the rounder specimen. Has again been in acid a bit more. Now total weight is 25.21 grams. Gold weight via SG was estimated at 13.6 grams.

1630751979_mercer_s_large-round_bit.jpg

Both of those specimens could probably spend a bit more time in acid and clean up even better.

Pic 4 - 1.87 grams. Very little impurity.

1630752049_mercer_s_small_bit_1.jpg

Pic 5 - 1.60 grams. Some pieces of quartz through this.

1630752113_mercer_s_small_bit_2.jpg

Pic 6 - 8.02 grams. Some quartz but very little.

1630752254_mercer_s_moderate_bit_1.jpg

Pic 7 - 2.51 grams. Nil impurities can be seen.

1630752337_mercer_s_small_bit_3.jpg

I will place up some close-up photos of each piece shortly.

Total estimated gold weight (not including the ring) is 45.51 grams.

Old mate is wanting $3,600 for the lot including registered post. He was previously asking $100 per gram so this is a pretty big price cut.

Same deal as me - cash or bank transfer only. No PayPal, swaps, Cash On Delivery, etc.

I will personally meet him at the P.O. to ensure that the right pieces are sent, right address, get a tracking number, etc, etc.

Feel free to ask questions here or PM me.

Cheers, N.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts