⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head and face... :D

1640692321_1640591352_20211227_183823_compress12.jpg

LW...

Results of last saturday's Kayak, crevise n pan session in my favorite creek in N,East Victoria. The water levels (high ) made Kayaking easy and crevising difficult. I was only armed with a scratcher and a couple of fiskars plastic garden trowels . Sorry No location Pictures as I left the phone in the car,

1644922656_12-2-22_wst_brch.jpg

jethro said:
Results of last saturday's Kayak, crevise n pan session in my favorite creek in N,East Victoria. The water levels (high ) made Kayaking easy and crevising difficult. I was only armed with a scratcher and a couple of fiskars plastic garden trowels . Sorry No location Pictures as I left the phone in the car,

Nice work :perfect: what type of yak do you run?

door_matt22 said:
jethro said:

Nice work :perfect: what type of yak do you run?
Its just a plastic sit on top with a broad fairly flat bottom with only a slight keel. Its good in the rough water and the surf as it is hard to tip.

''Cornflakes'' is a very apt description. The flakes are that thin that they will not stratify through the copious black sands that also come with the gold. Planning to head back there this weekend, so I'll collect all the heavies in a bucket this time, take some photos of the cons and the general area they came from.
Ive managed to infect my new son in law with the gold bug, so hopefully Ill have a companion for kayak exploration. ;)

jamiealdridge said:
Solid Luck said:
jamiealdridge said:
Im heading your way this weekend Jethro but I dont seem to get much in the way of black sands up there?

Everybody standby for a pan full of gold. Jamie is on the move again. :)

no pressure :argh: :cool:

The suspense is driving us mad :( nah just thought it'd be nice to know how you enjoyed the weekend. After all you have a really good average hence the following :beer: either way the weather was nothing short of spectacular to spend it on a river somewhere.

I Managed to get the Son in law to come along on a Kayak prospecting trip back to the flat gold N black sand creek on Sunday just gone. This was both good and bad. Good to have some company and pass on a bit of local knowledge that I've learned about the deposits on this creek. Bad because I had to use the second Kayak, that, not to put too finer point on it, is a absolute pig in white water, just too much Keel, that any current catches. Trent being a bit inexperienced (no fear) got too close to the Shute of the 8ft drop I call the washing machine (wash rinse & spin) and was commited before he could abort the launch. It was All good though as he made it through upright. I elected to walk the kayak around, didn't help, the current got hold of the Pigyak and pushed me into a rock swung it around and as I tried to put the paddle down I found out the hole below the rapids were deeper than I thought. Result A good dunking and Yak and gear upside down in the creek. Amazingly my hastily secured kit stayed attached to the yak. Only 2 things that escaped floated and Trent got them back 50 metre's downstream after having a near miss with a stick that pierced the bottom of his Crock shoe and just grazed the side of this foot. I was wearing a wetsuit so only got a superficial soaking.
The day was mainly spent mainly checking new crevise's and likely spots to set up a river sluice. I was able to recover .41of a gram before we had to paddle about a 1km downstream to the exit point sneaking up on another chap who was panning on the way. Trent even walked back up to retrieve the Ute for us to load the Kayaks.
All up a great day out.
1646176354_20220302_092637.2.jpg

Cant wait to head back with a river sluice and work as a team and see what we can get.
there's lots more creek to explore yet as well.

Spent 3 hours test panning today. River Torrens, got to love Adelaide and all its gold. This is only what i got from a quick pan back, heavy black sands but I know there are only a few more specs in cons bucket....
Had a very curious water skink come and sit on my tailings from my classifier so had to start another pile

Attachments

• torrens.jpg
    torrens.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts