You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

ronniecruisin
04 December 2021 12:22 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if NM are not able to produce such a machine because of others Patents. Must be very difficult for other makers in such a restrictive climate. argh

Oh Well!...It's not the end of the world.....That'll probably happen tomorrow!

oldtimerROB
04 December 2021 05:48 pm

A PI with hot rock, ferrous, gold,silver, steel identification and tin foil masking and able to exclude all false signals would only come from the planet Krypton. playful playful playful

Last edited by oldtimerROB (04 December 2021 05:50 pm)

A happy marriage means not having to spend all your days at the pub and so go detecting more often.

oldtimerROB
04 December 2021 11:18 pm

There are two schools of thought. One is to dig up everything willynilly until you find a nugget and the other is to detect until you find a nugget and then dig it up. Noktka is clearly in the latter camp.

A happy marriage means not having to spend all your days at the pub and so go detecting more often.

XLOOX
05 December 2021 03:01 pm

less schools of thought than practicality.

I would.like to see someone find a gold/silver item in an area that was a battlefield with a PI. Would give up in 20m.

some Oz gold workings are like that too, especially those that had decent size and mine life but not so many thank god.

Of course if you are in genuinely virgin untrashy ground then why wouldnt you dig every signal?

1985-2005 Garretts ADS Deepseeker x 2- now THATS a slow learner !
2017... Whites TDI SL 16V+Sadie, Makro Gold Kruzer, QED PL3+14x9 Evo, SDC2300+14x9Coiltek

1 user likes this post: PhaseTech

oldtimerROB
11 December 2021 02:12 am

I think digging up every signal was a good idea back in the early 1980,s especially behind the old schoolhouse at Kingower.Back then we were really detecting virgin ground and previously weekend prospectors used to go out panning and specking after heavy rain, but they only got the ones that were about an inch deep to start with. Now nearly all the good nuggets are gone but the trash has been left behind. Also modern VLF detectors are so sensitive that they pick up every bit of mineral in the ground which you hear as false signals. Some areas such as Dunolly you can pick up a hot rock signal every minute and other areas there are heaps of smail bits of tin foil which can make your life a misery. However the goldfields in Victoria are for the major part very clean and I rarely dug up many nails and bits of iron. Sometimes you can also find bits of steel which are chips broken off from picks and crowbars. The Impact has all the features on it to enable you to minimise and mask some of these nuisances if you know how to use it properly but in doing so you are going to miss some nuggets which can give the grunt signal. The more pure gold can be found if your low tone break is set at the default 15 on the Impact. The Impact depth is severely reduced in the hot ground I mentioned and from low/mild to very highly mineralised the depth reduction is around 50% roughly but I never did any tests regarding this which I should. The immune tag I gave to the Impact referred to its ability to ground balance. You can attempt to hot up the Impact by fitting it with a better coil like a larger Nel for deeper gold or a smaller coil for tiny gold, and a HD pair of earphones costing $300, as the standard ones are pretty bad. When a Legend comes along with the features of the Deephunter 3D to exclude false signals and ability to specify a gold signal I would be very interested as I need to dig up less false targets as possible due to my age.

Last edited by oldtimerROB (11 December 2021 02:18 am)

OzzieAu
31 December 2021 08:37 am

For those interested here’s a pre release of the Legend user manual.
https://www.noktadetectors.com/wp-conte … ual-en.pdf
Some nifty features to learn by the looks... coffee

GPX5000..2xEvo’s..Detech 18CC...Multi Kruzer.. Simplex +...ProFind.. PulseDive, etc.

PeterInSa
31 December 2021 09:56 am

Re (if only N/M would develop a lightweight PI machine for gold hunting)

Nah... I don't want that to happen, I/We have Codan/Minelab Shares and I don't want them to go any lower.

1 user likes this post: OzzieAu