Goldtalk Leonora videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Jeverson,
Do realise what you're heading too?
Be prepared.
1639778943_screenshot_2021-12-18-06-06-06.jpg

Couldn't agree more with Nightjar. You need to be out at day break and returning by 10 am. Take plenty of water an the biggest hat you can get ;) Alternative is get a good head torch and go night swinging :Y:

Jeverson2010 said:
Hi Goldtalk Leonora
We are heading your way this week after Covid put an end to our plans to go over East for Christmas with the kids. Driven 3,000ks for nothing. So had the detectors in the luggage and thought oh well plan B , well go detecting.
I noticed on one of your other threads you offered to give a guy a map of spots to prospect around Leonora.
We are beginners and need all the help we can . We have our miners rights etc just would love to find something other than a couple of nails and pellets.
Thats some pretty dusty work there with Debbie?
Cheers Julie

Hi Julie,

I don't give out "x" marks the spot maps! Load Australian Geology Travel Maps on your phone and that will give you live and pending leases. You can work the pending leases (blue) and if you look out on Laverton Road you will see 4 large P's running east/west....there has been some consistant gold coming off those over the last few months. Hope that helps. Also agree with everyone re the heat....it's going back up into the 40's end of this week coming. If your really not sure where to go you are welcome to give me a call and I can make some suggestions.

cheers

Tony

Goldtalk Leonora said:
Jeverson2010 said:
Hi Goldtalk Leonora
We are heading your way this week after Covid put an end to our plans to go over East for Christmas with the kids. Driven 3,000ks for nothing. So had the detectors in the luggage and thought oh well plan B , well go detecting.
I noticed on one of your other threads you offered to give a guy a map of spots to prospect around Leonora.
We are beginners and need all the help we can . We have our miners rights etc just would love to find something other than a couple of nails and pellets.
Thats some pretty dusty work there with Debbie?
Cheers Julie

Hi Julie,

I don't give out "x" marks the spot maps! Load Australian Geology Travel Maps on your phone and that will give you live and pending leases. You can work the pending leases (blue) and if you look out on Laverton Road you will see 4 large P's running east/west....there has been some consistant gold coming off those over the last few months. Hope that helps. Also agree with everyone re the heat....it's going back up into the 40's end of this week coming. If your really not sure where to go you are welcome to give me a call and I can make some suggestions.

cheers

Tony

Hi Tony
Thanks for the info, will help us greatly.
I have been using tenoghraph maps but will check out the Australian geology ones.
May give you a call .
As for the heat , thanks for the heads up guys. We actually come from Fitzroy Crossing and I think it was 47 on Friday so we are used to a bit of hot weather. Will load up with plenty of water and maybe do some night prospecting as suggested.
Love this forum , thanks guys for being so hopeful
Cheers

I'd pretty much made up my mind to get a 7 over the 6 but after watching GTL's video and hearing how quiet the detector was running I'm having second thoughts, and the eas of using it over the 7 might swing me back again. Nice work GTL and a Merry Christmas to you guys as well :Y:

Dave's Office said:
I'd pretty much made up my mind to get a 7 over the 6 but after watching GTL's video and hearing how quiet the detector was running I'm having second thoughts, and the eas of using it over the 7 might swing me back again. Nice work GTL and a Merry Christmas to you guys as well :Y:

It's tricky....there is no doubt in my mind that the 7 is the bigger hitter between the two. (Please also keep in mind I haven't spent enough time on the 6 to be 100%)
But I guess it will all come down to what it is your after??...If your chasing weight for a living or serious hobby then I still think the 7 would be the right choice.....if your a recreational prospector getting away several times a year and not taking things too seriously the 6 would have to be your 1st choice. I always am looking for economic gold so my opinion is bias. The best Lisa and I have come up with is so far....it's a vastly better version of the SDC 2300....we will see what time tells.

Also....we are running it in Auto 1 and choosing to keep the thresh hold off for something different. With the 6 you can choose to have the threshold on or off.

Thanks for the Vid GtL,
Saw another 6000 vid and a comparison with auto 1 with and without threshold. With threshold you could hear very faint signals that did not come thru with the No Threshold option.

But, could well be more relaxing/comfortable detecting with the No Threshold option. ( 2 friends use this setting)

Since this is a GPX6000 thread, here is a little bit of info that I've picked up over the last hundred or so hours of running the GPX6000-
Yes there is a big difference in running threshold or No threshold.
No Threshold the faint signals don't come thru as good and you in turn sweep faster making it easier to miss them
Also the very low signals don't come thru at all. These are usually the very deep small faint signals that are small gold in big rocks at depth.
Photo of rock found at 12"
1640252521_20211223_202609_resized.jpg

1640252521_20211223_202620_resized.jpg

Also the small signals are quite often overlooked by the effect that the concentration is not focused on the coil because it is silent.

With any detector you need to put in the hard hours and days before it will produce results.
Photo of typical of the smaller pieces found at depth.
1640252661_20211223_203326_resized.jpg

At the moment I'm running the detector at manual sense high/ Ground Difficult with the audio very low. The output is through a SP01 volume on 5.
If it becomes to noisy I have found that switching to Auto 1 for a couple of minutes then back to manual seems to bring the machine back to a quieter operating performance, much like a reset of parameters. This with ground balance and EMI cancel seems to produce the best.
This combination appears to work very well and have found heaps of gold.
Remember go slow and hoover above or lightly on the ground for best results.
cheers db

Dave's Office said:

Guess it's a personal taste. I like the machine talking to me as I always wonder how many signals I may have missed in amongst the silence 8.(

Latest posts