Sapphires or not?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDH

Reaction score
Hey guys. Found these few little stones yesterday, very small except the dark 1 which is not really clear in the pic. Just interested to know what they might be, if they are sapphires i better look harder when im in that area again. The blue looks like it glows in the sunlight, the pink ones are very clear and really reflected the ilght in the pan(there were micro pink ones in every pan) and the black one is actually a clear green when held up in the light. The black/green one is the only one that was of any size about half pea size the rest were quite small but keen to know what they are.
1394514693_012-1.jpg

Thanks,Matt

Cheers joe, thank you... Well it was actually my bro that picked these out, I wasn't really looking for gems just yellow, until he showed me the blue one. Then once I was looking I think I seen a half decent greenish stone just prior to washing out but alas it must've gone over the edge as I never seen it again. Perhaps eyes a bit more peeled in that area from now.

Matt

Latest posts