Highbanker information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aussiefarmer said:
I'm out of the loop these days but seriously look at the gold rats bankers , tried proven and the dream Matt is the best you will find. Don't shovel wondering shovel with confidence

This one fits a dream mat is 8 inch so can run the larger vortex profile and is ALOT cheaper mate .

I love Dustins work but cant justify spending $720 on a 8 inch Gold rat highbanker i mean $350 more for a slightly better product ?

I could buy a highbanker,petrol water pump and dream mat for $780 verse a Gold rat 8 inch with petrol water pump for $1000.

Not including shipping for the Gold rat banker are they really that amazing ?

yella fella said:
This one fits a dream mat is 8 inch so can run the larger vortex profile and is ALOT cheaper mate .

I love Dustins work but cant justify spending $720 on a 8 inch Gold rat highbanker i mean $350 more for a slightly better product ?

I could buy a highbanker, petrol water pump and dream mat for $780 verse a Gold rat 8 inch with petrol water pump for $1000.

Not including shipping for the Gold rat banker are they really that amazing ?

Good point. :Y:

$350 is a great price, especially if you are just getting into the hobby. It looks good to me. Definitely worth it compared to building something yourself unless of course you are handy and enjoy the process.

I have heard nothing but good things about Gold rat stuff, I almost bought one but had to delay for a bit for various reasons. Lucky I did because they banned high banking in NSW while I was delaying!

brendomac said:
$350 is a great price, especially if you are just getting into the hobby. It looks good to me. Definitely worth it compared to building something yourself unless of course you are handy and enjoy the process.

I have heard nothing but good things about Gold rat stuff, I almost bought one but had to delay for a bit for various reasons. Lucky I did because they banned high banking in NSW while I was delaying!

There is no ban on highbankers in NSW. The ban is on the water pumps. You can still use a banker as long as there is no water pump attached to the banker.

On the note of using a high banker without a mechanical pump, has anyone in this forum done it yet? Any success?

I think Wal from wal&liz did a video a few years back where he was tossing buckets of water into his banker, or maybe that was onto a sluice or something, can't 100% remember.

Hey yella fella, did you end up buying that highbanker from aussie prospecting? I was looking at buying the same, would be interested in your feedback if you've been using it.

Am also interested in what y'all think is the minimum volume bilge pump required to provide enough flow (I was thinking 3000-3500gph)?

Yeah, they are some great prices! I mean, free shipping on orders. that's pretty great.

Regards Gold Rat gear; yeah it's more expensive, but it's not really comparable. One bunch of products are made budget friendly and have the pros and cons of a budget friendly products. The other, Gold Rat, costs more because you get more...you get what you pay for really.
Gold Rat gear (I use a 6" Mini Sluice & Dreamat now converted into a 6" Highbanker and the 12" Outback Pioneer Highbanker) and I can honestly say the workmanship on the products I have received is 1st class. Very well built and solid as. I'm not the only one to say this either. The Dreammat is very good. The 12" Dreammat is not the lightest capture system out there, but it's certainly not the heaviest...and it works very well, idiot proof really.

Latest posts