LPG Bronze brazing and silver soldering torch

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CIG had it good for a time there, until smarter competition came into the market.

Cost me $1000's of dollars on rentals for gas I occasionally used, not anymore, never again.

I have a Power10 argon for mig and its been free rent for years, you can swap them to, but eastern states mostly, its because of transport costs

Bunnings for Speedgas - best move to gas yet.

:)

Manpa said:
What about a Mapp gas (map-pro) cylinder and A TS8000 swirl flame torch head, burns hotter than propane., its a propadeine, acetylene mix from memory. Looked up your bullfinch kit, tradeflame do a similar kit but they were always notoriously hard to adjust the oxygen. It now looks like they have changed the hose and regulator valves so it may be better.

Have a crack at the map version minus the oxygen.

For the few silver solder and brazing jobs that I do, I got a Mapp gas kit from Sydney Tools. I think that it was this one -

https://sydneytools.com.au/product/...ZIPslfWK30WraoRMDGV5c0QwTjNCsRoxoCn1QQAvD_BwE

Rob P.

Getting two D size bottles from Bunnings looks the way to go . $170 . A mix of two gases will all ways give you more heat and you can do some cutting with the gas axe ! . I have a set of old regs. hoses and torch .

Latest posts