Missing Prospectors & Other Persons Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM I spent a number of years working in police internal affairs. Most other forces can't believe how Vic Pol have avoided a Royal Commission over the years.

The latest scandals involving deployment of rubber bullets and spraying grandmothers have attracted international attention, none of it positive.

None of that is inconsistent with the position that most of them are OK.

DrDuck said:
RM

You can bet the detectives have not conducted such an operation without a pretty good idea of what happened, even if they are from VicPol.

....... As much as I respect you I gotta say that I wouldn't have gone there - "damning with faint praise" doesn't contribute positively to the topic.

peace, casper

DrDuck said:
RM I spent a number of years working in police internal affairs. Most other forces can't believe how Vic Pol have avoided a Royal Commission over the years.

The latest scandals involving deployment of rubber bullets and spraying grandmothers have attracted international attention, none of it positive.

None of that is inconsistent with the position that most of them are OK.

Just for your info DrDuck, I reported this post.
The reason I knew it was there is I came across a screenshot of it on the dark web, along with a photo of yourself (congrats on the weightloss) under the thread title, "This is how the Filth pre judge"
It is now all over closed forums and Facebook pages Australia wide.
And no, it wasn't me.

Okay how about we let the previous posts regarding VicPol by who ever let lye.

Truth of the matter is the investigation developments regarding the Russell Hill and Carol Clay deserve respect, More so for the sake of their families. Here's another Truth, don't for one minute think you and your family will be void of this horrible situation. No one knows what today or tomorrow holds no matter what you experience or thoughts on the matter are.

Thanks for the heads up Redfin. I have no fear of the cowardly anonymous trolls on the dark web.

Everything have said has previously appeared in the media so there is nothing new about it.

In the end it is my opinion for what its worth.

It looks to me that the detectives have done a good job on this difficult case,, and it will be interesting when it gets to court and we find out the details.

The disappointing thing iis that aomeone on this forum, maybe even a mod. Is sharing this stuff outside the forum.

I'm surprised that our censorious overlords have not deleted this thread in response to your report.

Hi Dr Duck.
This thread is in General Chat which is not Members only, and thousands of non members review our posts on here.
I regularly meet detectorists out bush who read this forum without joining.
So, the sharing may easily be from a non-member particularly those who read our posts as Gospel.
A good reminder to us all to post in the appropriate forum area.......

BigWave said:
Hi Dr Duck.
This thread is in General Chat which is not Members only, and thousands of non members review our posts on here.
I regularly meet detectorists out bush who read this forum without joining.
So, the sharing may easily be from a non-member.
A good reminder to us all to post in the appropriate forum area.......

well said :Y: :Y: :Y:

One gets the feeling the accused has not been Cooperative, hence the search for a trailer and the bodies.

Redfin said:
One gets the feeling the accused has not been Cooperative, hence the search for a trailer and the bodies.

The trailer was a 7' x 5' according to Vic Roads that size trailer is meant to be registered, you would think it would be very easy to track down the new owner.
Initially the accused was non co-operative but ended up been co-operative later. The truth will come out in the court.

One thing that is a worry with this case is how two campers can end up been murdered by a fellow camper outdoor enthusiast? A few weeks back Police speculation mentioned there was possibly an argument over a camp site? :eek:

For over three decades I have enjoyed the outdoors, and generally find other campers easy going and friendly. Only encountered aggression on a few occasions, in which I give those people a wide berth.

Actually downloaded a 4k mkv called "No time to Die".
Wasn't worth it, very average for 007, but the quality was superb.

The DW is so much more interesting than the mainstream internet. Bit like the newsgroups of the early 90's.

It is a big shame that you can no longer go in the bush with out the fear of being attacked or your camp robbed whilst you are 100 mts. away prospecting . Put every thing away and lock every thing up before going out prospecting . Add more security , cameras etc .

My late brother ran a big servo 24/7 Due to power problems in NSW he had to shut down . They broke in and stole a lot of cigarettes . The police station was just down the road , about 100 mts . away .... He was insured .

If he is proved guilty in court , lock him up and throw away the key . JMO .

Mike678 said:
It is a big shame that you can no longer go in the bush with out the fear of being attacked or your camp robbed whilst you are 100 mts. away prospecting . Put every thing away and lock every thing up before going out prospecting . Add more security , cameras etc .

My late brother ran a big servo 24/7 Due to power problems in NSW he had to shut down . They broke in and stole a lot of cigarettes . The police station was just down the road , about 100 mts . away .... He was insured .

Not just today mate.
Back in the early seventies I was shot at while detecting and also somebody had a go at breaking into my wagon near Wedderburn....While I was sleeping in it.

Psycho pea brains are everywhere, always have been and always will be.

Whilst panning in Gippsland I've had high powered rifle shots put over my head a couple of times - maybe, just maybe they were deer hunters and didn't know that I was so so close! by but hey! I'm a generous person..... :awful:

Latest posts