Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day

Upside I agree with what you are saying, have also seen some horrific things overseas, but one of the things I have noted is that in many of the places where this kind of poverty exists is mainly due to the corruption and greed of their own leaders, and the taste they have for war, spending vast amounts of money on weapons while their people are starving, look at rocket man in North Korea they just tested another cruise missile probably costing millions but they cant feed their own people.

Here in Australia we have as many issues with thousands of homeless people on the streets now, people who were able to just get by are now struggling under the weight of just normal household bills, covet has had a part to play in all of it as food and other utility prices have all gone up, putting even more pressure on an already struggling portion of the community, pensioners are doing it tough and deserve a better pension more particularly those who have worked and contributed to the country their whole lives, then you have a government that is disrespectful to veterans and aged pensioners who never get the support that they have earned and should not have to fight for, I am pretty sure they would prefer them just to go away and die quietly and stop bothering them, many people under pension age are struggling as well with health issues and are unable to work full time and have to do what they can to get by, and no support or care from a system that we have paid into for our whole working lives.

Many cultures respect the elderly as they are viewed as having the wisdom of age, but I have noticed here in the last few years its even more obvious that the elderly are just viewed as being burdensome to the system, and I have also been the victim of discrimination by people because of being an older person, more particularly being spoken to like I am not with it, but they only make that mistake once I will immediately enlighten them, might be an old dog now but I still have a good bite.

cheers

stayyerAU

Another American trend has entered Australia. ]:D
Black Friday! :poop:
My mailbox has been weighted down in past two weeks with this junk mail promoting sales here in Australia.
Another step closer to being another American state!
Smiling again now I've got that off my chest. :playful:

Our dishwasher died last week. The repairman came out today and pulled the base off and said "bloody cockroach's. then the main pcb was also rooted. New pcb $160---new motor $100.The visit was $120. May as well buy a new one -only 4 yrs old and my wifes hands still look beautiful and soft. 4yrs and approx 3 washes a week for a $420 machine is worth buying another one. Cheaper than a new wife!!!! :)

Jaros said:
Our dishwasher died last week. The repairman came out today and pulled the base off and said "bloody cockroach's. then the main pcb was also rooted. New pcb $160---new motor $100.The visit was $120. May as well buy a new one -only 4 yrs old and my wifes hands still look beautiful and soft. 4yrs and approx 3 washes a week for a $420 machine is worth buying another one. Cheaper than a new wife!!!! :)
Buy some gloves and do them in the sink :D

kiwifred said:
I was out at pickpocket diggings today, and the amount of holes not filled in........ ARRRRRHHH, How bloody hard is it?? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Noticing that everywhere this last week. Some of them pretty big holes too. Takes 30 seconds to scrape the dirt back in & tamp it down.

And they wonder why more ground keeps getting taken away.

kiwifred said:
I was out at pickpocket diggings today, and the amount of holes not filled in........ ARRRRRHHH, How bloody hard is it?? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hope you checked those holes?

It is surprising how many prospectors fail to re-check their holes after digging up a target.

Never new where pickpockets was until today when I saw it in a book. Not far from where I am holidaying.

fwdoz said:
kiwifred said:

It is surprising how many prospectors fail to re-check their holes after digging up a target.

Never new where pickpockets was until today when I saw it in a book. Not far from where I am holidaying.

Go hard :) :beer:

Helping family move when it's a perfect day to detect :awful: In hindsight more than likely came out on top :D got a ripper BBQ dinner and a 10 pack of Bushchooks for my troubles :p gotta be a 1st time for everything hey :) I'll class it as my parental pb :lol: :beer:

That is disgusting mate. the two lowest were at Brendale on South Pine road but not sure what they are today. The Gov't must be laughing all the way to the bank and so are the servo owners.
Mackka

All it takes is people power, where everyone that legally can, only buys fuel from the one provider, swinging only if n when another provider drops by at least 10c a litre. But it has to be as many as possible doing the exact same thing in order for it to have an impact. We have one big thing on our side in circumstances like these..... it's our money they want, and money is leverage with greater power than average Joe or Jill could ever realise. Or use by themselves. Our Leaders have their hands tied and cannot or will not explain what should be as plain as day.... oh that's right, they believe they weild your power for you.

I dunno if i am doing this right but my replys dissappeared when I went to send them :awful:

My bad, I know what I did now :argh:

This is what happens when a country like ours does not take advantage of our oil reserves and...does not refine those reserves for ourselves. We could be and should be doing this on two counts...1. to reduce the price of petrol at the bowser(by way of reduced import component and a reduction on the Federal excise.)2. VASTLY INCREASE OUR STOCKPILE OF FUEL FOR DEFENCE AND DOMESTIC SECURITY....just sayn :cool:

Mackka said:
That is disgusting mate. the two lowest were at Brendale on South Pine road but not sure what they are today. The Gov't must be laughing all the way to the bank and so are the servo owners.
Mackka

What gets me the fact I can't buy LPG for the Pathy for many kls. near home.??????

fwdoz said:
kiwifred said:

Checked most of them..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts