SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NF evo is not compatible with the SDC.
I have heard of some one trying other coils before the coiltek ones hit production, but they are not ideal.
The coiltek coils are made to get optimal performance from the sdc and the NF evos are spot on for the 4500/5000 s.

I think that is the case, yes.
As well as the specs of the windings I suspect, but not sure on.
I am no expert on, well anything really, lol, but especially coils, but I know that the total length of the wire has probably got something to do with it.
With HF radio antenna s, the length of the antenna wire depends on the frequency being used, and some heavy maths is involved, and I think that coil windings are similar, but could be wrong.
I'm actually basing it on the whites TDI series.
The NF coils etc worked on the TDI, but the miner John coils didn't work well or at all on the gpxs.

Yup SDC2300 has same size connector as GPX but totally different pin arrangement.

Could probably make up an adapter but cant be bothered.

Coiltek 14x9 it is...

1635843315_sdc2300_coil_plug_connector.jpg

Hi davent that is good to know as I have Brought a New SDC 2300 latest model so I will have to save some bickies and get a Coiltex 14x9 .Thanks for that.

XLOOX said:
Yup SDC2300 has same size connector as GPX but totally different pin arrangement.

Could probably make up an adapter but cant be bothered.

Coiltek 14x9 it is...

.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/16174/1635843315_sdc2300_coil_plug_connector.jpg

Different size connector - much smaller on SDC

Testing my shiny new 14x9 coiltek on a range of target sizes from alu can down to 1gn Au I find that in mode 2 for all targets it will go the same depth as the Minelab 8"coil does on mode 5, but of course much more stable threshold being mode 2. Nice.

With both on mode 5 the Coiltek is ~50mm deeper across the board except at the 1gn ingot test piece size where it is about 10mm deeper than the ML 8. Cant say I noticed much diff in threshold stability between the 2 coils on mode 5. I personally dont like either very much.

Havent used the coil in anger for more than 4 hrs though so too early to make a real call but so far so good.

Latest posts