Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yusaku Maezawa. Japanese billionaire is about to launch on a Russian Soyuz rocket to visit the ISS. He has also invested $1billion into the SpaceX Starship development. He along with 8 other artists will orbit the moon at a distance further from earth than any previous missions.

This guy wants to fly in Space.

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2021/12/soyuz-ms-20-tourist-launch/

Love some of the SpaceX recovery vessel names. Some drone ships catch the boosters, Of Course I Still Love You, Just Read The Instructions and A Shortfalll Of Gravitas. Fairing and Dragon recovery ships Bob n Doug.

SpaceX Falcon 9 second stage performs fastest powerslide ever. SpaceX underbid the original launch provider to launch the lightest ever single satellite for a Falcon 9 into a zero degree orbit. They launch at about a 53 degree inclination. To get into a Zero degree orbit along the equator the 2nd stage had to turn and light its Merlin engine while flying sideways.

Scott explains it better than I can.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/Xq_SVX8aAIU[/video]

SpaceX Heavy booster #5 has been moved from the high bay to sit next to SN15 and SN16. Booster 5 will most likely be scrapped with no flights.

Not enough Raptor 1 engines for it. They are working on Rapror 2 as Raptor 1 is to complex and difficult to manufacture at a fast enough pace.

1639179113_fb_img_1639178868112.jpg

I was very surprised to see the Russians launch... Thought they had more important things on their mind...

ONLY 3hrs to reach the ISS... Wow...:eek:

LW...
Yeah. Apart from the ridiculous comments from some Russians everything on the ISS is running as normal. Ol mate the Yank will come home on 30th March as planned. Met by a team from NASA who will get him back to Houston. Russian Cosmonauts are training in America today on SpaceX Dragon. So much crap media. Satellite launches is another thing. Many where planned to launch on Soyuz. Very few options apart from SpaceX. Scott Manley did a good video as usual.

Space news. Amazon has made the largest launch contract in history. 82 launches from 3 launch providers. The only one they didn't choose is the cheapest. SpaceX. They signed with Blue Origin, ULA and Arianne space. None of their rockets exist at this time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220413-181317_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220413-181317_YouTube.jpg
    947.2 KB · Views: 0
Absolutely detest these mass launching of satellites. Cluttering up our near space with space junk. Only time before it becomes unsafe for man to venture there.
I am also a keen amateur astronomer and astrophotographer and like to take my telescopes with me on prospecting trips to the clearer and beautiful goldfield skies but now only to see a myriad of Elon and Jeff’s money making satellites streaking across my long exposure photos And spoiling the wonders that lie beyond.
At least my wife is happy as I told her that I would like to discover a comet on an Earth destroying trajectory and name it after her, but that seems unlikely now.

Yes but look at the good Elon and Jeff are doing for those who have less than us... With out Elons help Ukraine would be in a far worse situation...

LW...

Still an experiment playing with sun shields so they won't shine back to Earth ... .... But he has bought Internet to those who didn't have it........ :)

LW...

Latest posts