You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Smithsgold
15 April 2020 04:15 am

Here's my latest video

Tim from Blue Lead Gold Productions and Gary ( Two Toe's ) got to do some Metal Detecting and Boulder rolling Look at the Gold Nuggets they Found !!!!!!!
I'd say it was a Great Day !!!!!!!!
TM 010

2 users like this post: Smoky bandit, nucopia

Smithsgold
17 April 2020 05:07 am

Uncovering Family Artifacts ( Sifting History )

I return to the Family Home site this time to Sift through the dirt looking for Family artifacts.
Filmed in the Fall of 2019 we uncover a Chauffeur's pin that belonged to my Great Aunt Kathryn's husband William Ernest Thrower.
The pin dates back to 1935-36 # 51927 from California.
A little bit about William Thrower he was a World War I United States Army veteran having served from March 26 1917 to July 2 1919.
Sergeant William E. Thrower 81 Division 324 Infantry, Company K of the American Expeditionary Forces .
Buried in Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno, Ca 1895-1965

3 users like this post: Smoky bandit, nucopia, goody2shoes

Smithsgold
08 May 2020 03:37 am

Learned a Valuable lesson the other day on our way to the Hydraulic pit to metal detect for Gold Nuggets !!!

Don't bet with Two Toe's !!!!!!!

TM 011

Thanks for watching ...

2 users like this post: Smoky bandit, goody2shoes

nucopia
08 May 2020 10:00 am

Enjoyed watching ,thanks for sharing .. thumbsup

every day is an adventure

1 user likes this post: Smithsgold

Smithsgold
29 January 2021 05:48 am

Plans dont always work out but the Gold we found metal detecting an old Gravel bar sure didnt disappoint !!!!
Me and Gary (Two Toe's) had planned to do some Hydraulic Pit detecting in one of our favorite spots but old Mother nature had other plans.
After a lot of discussion and a long drive we decide to Metal Detect an old Gravel Bar to see what Gold it might be hiding in its bedrock crevices.
This time plan B worked out pretty good !!!!!!

SG 034

2 users like this post: nucopia, goody2shoes

Moneybox
29 January 2021 10:44 am

Very enjoyable to watch and a better option than the work waiting for me outside wink

Phil, Sandra & Taz - GPX6000, GPX4500, SDC2300's, White's Goldmaster GMT, Equinox 800, pans, sieves and more in a 4WD motorhome.

nucopia
29 January 2021 11:10 am

Looks like a very nice place to go prospecting perfect
keep them coming and thanks for sharing.. thumbsup

Smithsgold
10 June 2021 05:04 am

Detecting a Gravel Bar for Gold Nuggets

Armed with a Minelab SDC 2300 and a White's Gold Master V-Sat Jeff and Gary ( Two Toe's ) head back to a spot they worked in the spring in search of Gold Nuggets !!!!!
Jeff brings the Big Breaker Bar and it boulder moving time on the creek while Gary searchs the high bench for those elusive Nuggets.

See what the guys find with there Metal detectors while working the Bedrock both High and low !!!!!

SG 035

1 user likes this post: nucopia

Smithsgold
10 June 2021 05:25 am

Moving Boulders to find Placer Gold

Moving Boulders to reach Bedrock Crevices to locate those Placer Gold Nuggets that are hiding just out of sight.
Jeff and Gary ( Two Toes ) use a Come-along and a Breaker bar to move the boulders then check the bedrock crevices with a Minelab SDC 2300 Metal Detector.
A Come-Along is a hand operated winch used to pull objects in this case Boulders !!

SG 036

Smithsgold
02 July 2021 02:12 am

Finding Gold Nuggets with the Minelab SDC 2300

Can I beat @Two Toes with his own Metal Detector ?
We head back to finish off a few spots we left from our last trip out.
Gary found some good gravel so he decided to run it though his Sluice box while I was happy to use his Minelab SDC 2300 while he was busy sluicing !!!!
Those targets that we left sure paid off !!!
nothing like hearing a good sounding target sitting on bedrock .

SG 041

Smithsgold
10 November 2021 08:24 am

Nugget Hunting a Hydraulic Pit

Me and Gary @Two Toes head deep into the Sierra's in search of those elusive Gold Nuggets the Old timers missed.
Yes I include Gary in with the Old Timers as he has Detected this spot before.
Nugget Hunting in a Hydraulic pit isn't the easiest thing to do but it's one of the funnest and most rewarding ways of finding Gold.
On this adventure we take three different Metal Detectors The Minelab SDC 2300, White's TDI, and a White's Gold Master V-Sat this allows us to use both Pulse Induction and VLF technologies in our search for Gold and Treasures.
Watch as we pull those Gold Nuggets the old timers missed over a hundred years ago out of the ground !!!!!
Gary finds a old Lead soldered painted Can with Gold inside what did the Old timers us it for ?
I find Six musket balls encased in rotting wood how long have those been there ?
Plus Many many old square Nails !!!!!
Thanks for watching I hope you enjoyed the adventure we sure had fun finding all the cool stuff and wondering what and how they used it.

SG 046

Smithsgold
24 November 2021 08:07 am

Yuba River Crevice Detecting for Gold Nuggets

Me and Gary head back to Mother Yuba in search of Gold Nuggets and are joined by Tim from Blue lead Gold Productions.
Let's Find some Gold on Mother Yuba !!!
We are armed with the Minelab SDC 2300 and the White's Gold Master V-Sat that gives us both a Pulse Induction detector and a VLF detector.
While me and Gary clear the boulders off Bedrock to detect Tim gets right to Sluicing with his Angus MacKirk Sluice box.
The Yuba is known for it's small Gold so he should do pretty good !!!
Moving those Boulders is hard work but that's what needs to happen to expose the Bedrock Crevices and get those Nuggets in our pockets !!!

Yuba River Crevice Detecting for Gold Nuggets

SG 047

nucopia
24 November 2021 10:18 am

Another great video , thanks for sharing thumbsup

Last edited by nucopia (24 November 2021 10:18 am)