First detecting find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Managed to pick up a Nokta Gold Kruzer for a very reasonable price, so I took it out today with my 10yo and had a bit of a 'swing'.

I present my very first detecting find. Be amazed and green with envy.... :lol:

It's a bullet casing yeah?

1637551602_bullet_casing1reduced.jpg

1637551650_bullet_casing2reduced.jpg

Someone might taken a terrified shot at the Yowie chasing them..... if only that casing could speak eh. :D

Yep, get used to finding plenty of those, especially when relic detecting old sites. Having fun is the name of the game, and a great hobby to share with the kids. :D

Yep, shells, pellets, bullets, trash. If you are willing to wade through the trash, you will eventually find treasure.

congrats... my first find was a aluminium racing pigeon leg ring at Muckleford State Forest near Castlemaine Vic. It was interesting researching the leg ring number, it turned out that bird was ringed in 1966, the owner was from Reservoir, just out of Melbourne Vic but he had since died so I couldn't inform him where his bird met his fate. I was told many are taken by eagles, falcons or hawks.
So.. Silver some finds do speak :)

Latest posts