Multi Kruse question for Nokta Macro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. All. I have a Multi Kruzer coming. Looking forward to exploring it's many features and many thanks to Nenad for his great service. Ive been looking around at reviews and stuff as you do and I must admit like others l was very surprised that Nokta have not given this detector a dedicated Gold Program. Especialy as its advertised as a do it all machine, and so it is too!! given that it does have 19khz capability. Now other machines that do run at this frequency do have dedicated gold settings. Sooooo why not the Multi Kruzer??? The only reason that makes any sense is that Nokta Makro would probably like us to buy a Gold Kruzer as well. Problem is not all of us can afford to do this. Some of us like me are pensioners and dont have extra money to splash out on more than one machine. So my next questjon is of course to the great team at Nocta Makro is...... Can you consider an update to help us with this request please....????????? :) ;) :inlove:

Hi mate, GEN mode is the threshold based all-metal mode, which is what you'd call a Gold mode in many other units. The mode name starts with G so...... :playful:

Hi. Nenad. Yes. I realize that. Im assuming the Gold Kruzer has a discrim type abillity. What about something like that for the multi kruzer??? Ive had success in the past with nugget hunting with a Whites MXT. It has a prodspecting mode and also works well for nuggets in Relic mode.. Also while on the multi kruzer subject has anyone tried the Nel Super Fly coil on it. Gets excellent reviews in the US. Better they are saying than the stock coil by quite a bit. Wondering if anyone has tried one here.??? :p

I am glad to hear you are a pensioner like me and cant afford the latest GPZ,s . Basically I bought the Impact in 2017 which is similar to a Multi Kruzer just an excuse to sit around the fire and give my arm some exercise and visit the old sites I knew back in 1980. Only used it for 40 hours in the field and then went o/seas in 2018 and have been stuck here ever since.
What I found out in that limited time is the Impact is one hell of a machine and you can have more fun with it than a roomful of horny women. I tried All Metal but it is only good at very shallow depths ie 0.1 gram at 3 inches. You will find your biggest problem will be digging up false signals all day but there are settings to minimise this.

Hi.Rob. Yes. I know what you mean the false signals. It is a surprisingly deep machine but I find it can be quite chattery in some ground when in any discrim mode. Personally I find it much nicer to use in general. Nice steady threshold in hot ground.was surprised with that. Definately picks a deeper coin in general too. 20cent coin freshly buried @8inches. Couldn't get it at all in any discrim mode.This with the mineral readout about 3 quarters up the scale. So fairly hot Bendigo ground. Overall though nice machine to swing. Nice to not worry about it getting wet too. :playful:

The chattery nature of the discrim modes is due to high gain and very fast recovery speed. This is what you need for pulling coins out of thick trash. Deus, Fisher F series, T2, Equinox on fast recovery settings, and many other machines are like this. There are slower recovery speed detectors out there, which generally run a little quieter, but when a coin is masked you don't know about it and just keep walking. I used to like a quiet coin detector, but I've grown to appreciate one that talks to you a little bit. If the chattering gets too much, don't be afraid to lower your Gain - you will still achieve good depth. But yes, as you've experienced, for max depth in less trashy spots, a slower sweep in Gen mode is the way to go.

Hi. Nenad. I'm very happy with the kruzer. Tis a shame though that no manufacturer has ever figured out how to disciminate rusty tin ie. Small pieces of rotting cans and general small coin size bits of which there are hundreds in a given area. They all give lovely 70 plus coin readings. The company that solves this will take the detector to the next level. Maybe an impossible dream but would be good hey?? :)

Actually I liked using DEEP mode over DI2 as it was chattery and seemed to talk to me. Not having some sort of feedback seems to unsettle me being used to using an old Whites detector with a 16 inch coil most of my life. But DEEP is usually limited to gullies and it becomes sluggish in really hot ground but underrated by Nokta in their manual limiting it to medium ground.. Di2 has always been rock solid for me in really hot ground 85 on the min meter even at Wedderburn. The false signals can be minimised by increasing Isat from 01 to 03 so I will give that a try when I get back to Oz.I saw that in a UK magazine as they also have hot ground there in some areas. The notch filter feature is also very useful as some areas in the GT are infested with shredded tin foil.

Hi ronnie, surprising about the discrim. modes not picking up the signal. I used to constantly test the machine at 20 Khz on a 3/4 inch long gold specimen I have and in D12 it goes 5 inches deep compared to AM 3 inches deep. I intend to persevere even after 40 hours in the field coming up empty handed as I remember it took me 6 moths to find a small specimen back in 1980 defecting every weekend at Wedderburn. I got a good signal on a 3 inch bent nail in the DEEP mode 6 inches deep at Inkerman which I think was steel and tried to mask it using the tone break and placing it alongside my specimen on the ground and at one setting around 20 the gold and nail were both masked. I adjusted the setting slightly and the nail was masked but not the gold. I would not recommend doing this normally. All tin foil and silver foil I found at the diggings and at picnic areas surprisingly came up at 18 ID in D12 and it is easy to mask the foil and not have to dig it up constantly.

Hi. Rob. No. Tis not tin foil I'm talking about. It's those pesky rusty bits of steel cans and other similar bits. Over the years they disintegrate down to small flat pieces and I have never found a detector (and I've had many) that will discrim them out. They produce a nice high number tone and unfortunately there are thousands of em. In spite of the rust they give perfect coin type responses. On your point re picking up the 20cent coin. I have found 20cents to be one of the harder coins to detect. Must be the make up of them. Even a 10cent gives a better result. Strange.

Hi Ronnie, that was just an example of what the notch filter can do and you can mask out any unwanted rubbish if you place it on the ground and find out its ID.I haven't tried it with rusted tin as I found in the GT most areas are very clean and few rusty nails etc.etc. so that is of little concern but the tin foil is a very big problem in certain areas and they seem to be concentrated to that area and nothing in the gullies discovered in the1860,s. My theory is certain gullies were either reworked in the 1890,s when tin foil came out during the depression or were discovered in the fringes of goldfields like Cup Gully Wedderburn. That is why I use the notch filter. In D2 small gold ID,s at around 45 and varies on the size of the nugget. When I get back I intend to use my Nel Tornado coil 12x 13 inch and high defenition earphones and I hope they will transform the impact to hunt the more virgin soil next to old diggings and cover more area quicker and have better signals.
The Kruzer Multi has 6 modes and 3 frequencies but the Impact has 12 modes like the COG which has a discrim. default setting of 10 for extreme soils on beaches and inland areas and works on goldfields too and the VLX 2 which has no discrim default setting and I found it too unstable if my memory serves me well. The 99 mode whats it for??? There has been a Anfibio 19 and Anfibio 14 out for some time and the 19 is for detecting gold items and I would think gold nuggets at much more deeper depths that the Gold Kruzer could detect and in theory much more stable in hot ground due to its lower frequency. Unlike the Impact it is a machine which is limited to perform a certain job and has the advantage the user is not overburdened with extras he or she does not need.

Hi. Rob. Yes. See what you mean re notching. I have used it with other machines and can be very useful. Nothing works for the rusty thin steel though. As it registers such a high number I'm assuming no detector maker has figured out a way to discim it. Only way I've found is to use a pick with a magnet. Usually picks it up before you dig too much. Must say though verrrry impressed how the multi Kruzer handles hot ground. Nice steady threshold and ignores most hot rocks. Very good for a vlf machine. :p

Hi Ronnie, been bashing my brains about your particular problem and even looking up my local supplier in Minsk. The Whites Spectra V3i sells at around AUD 2800 and has a video screen which shows the actual target, so rusted tin would have jagged edges and nuggets tend to be rounded and lumpy. The only unknown is how good it is in very high mineralisation. I think this will be the future of detecting eventually. There are others, Garret has the GTI 2500 Special ( imaging) which specifies the size of the target and its GTA mode specifies the type of metal whether iron, gold or silver. It sells much cheaper. In the meantime my personal gold mode for general gold prospecting is 20Khz, 70 sensitivity, Isat 03, and mode DI2 as DI2 goes 66% deeper than AM mode as I explained and hit the save button. For the really small gold AM mode with a 5 inch coil and disc. 01 to give a hot rock sound that quacks ( good for a laugh if nothing else ). The grunt for rusted iron is there. Only thing missing is an oink, oink for rusted tin.

Hi. Rob. I was told years ago that the V3i was not so good in Aus high mineral conditions. I was very interested in this machine for the reasons you pointed out. Got too remember though Whites are no longer so only sec hand v3i s will be available and they are now old technology. Still. Interesting machine. As to your point re settings you use don't know how they equate to the Multi Kruzer. D12 of course does not exist on the multi K. So not sure what settings would match what you are suggesting. Are you saying a discrim mode will out do All Metal. Bit surprised if that's the case. Personally never found it to be with any machine with discim modes. Aways deeper in all metal.Sooo a bit confused about that. :8

dunno about Multikruzer but Gen mode (all metal mode) on Gold Kruzer goes significantly deeper than any of the discrim modes inc Boost EUD.

in Gen you still see the ID number so you just do the notch filtering in your head :)

Hi. Xloox. Yes. I've always found the same thing. Never had a machine that goes deeper than all metal mode. Any discrimination applied effects depth.

Hi Ronnie, I thought the Spectra imaging thing was new tech like the Nokta Invenio which sells for around AUD 12,000 in Minsk for the dearer model. All these models are on the online store in Minsk including the Impact Pro but not the standard Impact as it is not in stock which may be the case with the Whites Spectra. The imaging screen models I imagine would be all the rage here in Belarus and Russia due to the 1812 battlefields located here when France invaded Russia and then Napoleon had to retreat and his soldiers had to lighten their loads and threw all their stolen artefacts away. However i think all the larger artefacts were picked up by the free peasants in the following spring, but the smaller items like coins would have been ground into the earth by the retreating French Army where they still lie today.
My 2017 Impact definitely goes deeper in DI2 on gold specimens by a fair amount and DEEP mode by even much more a whopping 150% on a 2 inch piece of silver. Others have complained the Impact all metal mode underperforms compared to other brands. Also in all metal the ID readout fluctuates wildly from 90 to around 20 in more highly mineralised soil but the DEEP mode gives solid readings.

Latest posts