Nokta AU odd sound

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was scouting around a patch awhile back with the detector, and in one particular spot it made a sound/wailing similar to that of a siren, like you would hear on a home security system.

Anyone have any ideas on what this type of sound means? Never heard it before, and in all other areas of where I was detecting the typical (sounds) were heard from the detector. Just this one spot caused the above type of response. Not sure if it is relevant or not, the area in which it made the siren/wailing type sound there was no grass, just hard compacted soil and a few thistles. Everywhere else had your typical coverage of lawn type grass.

Sounds like it may be the Nokta overload signal... you can get a high pitch overload on a big close target.
Did you dig to check...?

There are patches of extreme mineralisation 1 meter long and very rarely 7 meters long at the heads of gullies and top of hills from Goldsborough to Havelock in which my Nokta overloads and emits a weak whistling sound. To make certain it is not a large nugget 2 inches down I can only think one would have to check the ID reading and it should be around 45 for gold in the D2 mode.

Latest posts