Mt Gibson West Aus

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever found any nuggets in the Mt Gibson gold area of WA?

Before I waste my time with a trip there. Nice to know if there are at least nuggets in the area that can be detected.

Using a GPZ7000 so should have depth if there is a lot of cover.

Mt. Gibson is in the Payne's find area, and plenty of gold has been found thereabouts, so it's certainly worth a try,

Phil

G'day

I think most of the Mt Gibson area is under leases, so either a 40e or mining company permission to go in will be needed, I have detected some of this area and never found a thing, but I have been told by others that they have found gold there, when heading North past Mt Gibson there is a turn off on the left to Yalgoo, there are also many areas along that road where we have found gold, there have been some rather large patches found in areas like Kings Find and if you head towards the Pinyalling Hill area instead of of going through to Yalgoo there has been lots of gold found through there as well, but again most under leases now.

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts