G'day, I'm a newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, I have been interested in the gold prospecting for some time. I did a one day course over Bendigo way a few years back using a little Aldi metal detector, but have now realized that this machine has many limitations. I now have a Gold Monster 1000 and although I have not had the opportunity to take it into the field (hopefully next week), it seems to give the right signals when near some gold pieces, I have stashed away. My location is Yarrawonga Victoria, so I have easy access to places like Rutherglen, Chiltern, Beechworth, but one place I do like is Eldorado, where I plan to do some panning as well. I love camping, so plan to combine to the two interests--prospecting and camping. Just thought I would make myself know on this platform and hopefully someone in the areas might also show an interest to catch up. Cheers Rob (dirtydingo).

Thanks Jaros, much appreciated.....looking forward to learning and contributing, as I go....all the best.

Welcome to P.A interested to see how the GM1000 performs for you, fingers crossed we can all get back out there soon!

Thanks the welcome Ash1155, yes I am looking forward to giving the GM1000, a real test, in an area that has potential.

If you pan/sluice at Beechworth then the GM may be great for finding pickers in amongst the crevices (if there are any that haven't been totally cleaned out).

Ditto at Rushworth, plenty of old diggings in the area, not sure if it's too hot for the GM but plenty of areas to try.

Trying to find a piece may be a bit of a learning curve, Always sounds great when passed over a piece but you'll need tolerant what to listen for out in the field (always carry a test piece) .... check out some youtube videos and naturally any hints posted here on the PA forum.

Good luck.

Welcome to PA. Check out some of the Monster posts for ideas.
Cheers.

Latest posts