Minelab Equinox 800 use on gold - Tips, settings and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all - im a brand new member

i have a equinox 800, have studied the setups etc, the settings, tips, use of it, has made me feel like I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, im just not getting my head around it.

seen a lot about parks and beaches , mineralised ground info etc etc , but can anyone help give me some default settings i can use when i take it searching along a creek and creek bed/banks, pleeeeeasse - put me out of my misery - for gold that is

cheers

DLOG MAN said:

i have a equinox 800, have studied the setups etc, the settings, tips, use of it, has made me feel like I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, im just not getting my head around it.

seen a lot about parks and beaches , mineralised ground info etc etc , but can anyone help give me some default settings i can use when i take it searching along a creek and creek bed/banks, pleeeeeasse - put me out of my misery - for gold that is

cheers

Hi mate. Just set it to gold1 or gold2 then lower the sensitivity until it runs quiet enoigh for your liking. Possibly get into setting also and change to 5 tones as that can help tell gold apart from crap

DLOG MAN said:

cheers

Are you finding small bits of junk (lead shot, fragments of tin, etc) yet? If not, run Gold 1 or Gold 2 mode, and remember to run noise cancellation before you start detecting. In heavily mineralised soil (e.g. Aussie goldfields) you will probably want to re-do the ground balance every 10-20m to quiet it down again. (Use the ground balance method where you pump the coil up and down until the number stabilises - I think Equinox calls this "auto", which is different from the default auto ground tracking mode and manual mode where you dial the number in directly).

Good luck!

Simon

Latest posts