Stocks n Shares

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's reality (pretence)
In 1966 you could buy 6 raspberry lollies for1c
30 for 5c
300 for 50c
3,000 for $5.00.
60,000 for $100.

In 1966 I put aside $100 as 5$20 notes.
As well as $100 as 20050c rounds.

Today at the supermarket I used the 5$20 notes from 1966 to pay just under half of the $215 grocery bill.

Today the equivalent $100 as 20050c rounds weighing a total of 68.32 Troy ounces silver and with silver being worth $31.01 Australian dollars per ounce is worth a total of$2118.60
1632920195_screenshot_2021-09-29-22-55-52.jpg

1632920046_screenshot_2021-09-29-22-28-22.jpg
1632920068_screenshot_2021-09-29-22-27-16.jpg
1632920105_screenshot_2021-09-29-22-29-10.jpg

So with that I could still buy an awful lot of rasberry lollies now I recon ;) ;)

Edit....

Ok so online rasberry lollies
1632920872_screenshot_2021-09-29-23-02-55.jpg

Total silver worth devided by product price
1632920936_screenshot_2021-09-29-23-05-00.jpg

And multiplied by the 1.3Kg product size
1632921022_screenshot_2021-09-29-23-05-30.jpg

So 255.54 Kg (just over one quarter of a tonne) is a sight more than the $100 paper monies worth I could of bought.
lets you see that precious metal holds over real time whilst inflation eats normal cash over time without you really being able to see it in action.
only through actively engaged hindsight can we gain perception in a way that is plainly quantifiable. :eek:

Goldfreak said:
They just hit the turbo button Keitzy. It devalues the currency but by doing so also devalues the unpayable debt they have. They have no other option. Hence the insanity. The little guys get crushed again.

Well with the senate passing the infrastructure bill, I think its more like twin turbos.

With there cpi around 5.3% (more likely 7-8%) , bitcoins a great hedge :p

Bitcoins not a great hedge. All they have to do is talk about regulation and the price tanks :p

Goldfreak said:
Bitcoins not a great hedge. All they have to do is talk about regulation and the price tanks :p

No offense, but I disagree with you..

This chart shows 10yr percentage growth of BTC price for last 10yrs..
1632959241_screen_shot_2021-09-30_at_9.15.46_am.jpg

https://www.barchart.com/crypto/quotes/^BTCUSD/performance?mode=monthly

Based on the same buy and hold gold investment strategy from earlier post , those numbers dont lie..As long term investment BTC has outperformed every asset on the planet.

elrodeo said:
Goldfreak said:

No offense, but I disagree with you..

This chart shows 10yr percentage growth of BTC price for last 10yrs.. https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...9241_screen_shot_2021-09-30_at_9.15.46_am.jpg
https://www.barchart.com/crypto/quotes/^BTCUSD/performance?mode=monthly

Based on the same buy and hold gold investment strategy from earlier post , those numbers dont lie..As long term investment BTC has outperformed every asset on the planet.
Yes its sure impressive. But thats the past.

Still holds true.! the price tanking is just a small correction and then returns, and surpasses previous highs.

To much institutional money and country adoption now for it to really tank.

Talks of regulation from the sec have been on going for ages now. None of that effects BTC price now.

Buy any of the health shares (API, Sigma etc), as baby boomers and the related services needed to support their retirement and residing in their own home this decade.

I have Wesfarmers shares. Their acquisition of Catch.com.au (they got it for a song and recruited a key Amazon exec to run it) and Bunnings ownership have been a boon during covid. Bunnings is a unique business that has for many years delivered 50% return on capital; find another company on the planet with returns like that and let me know so I can buy shares in them! Wes are looking at the ageing population and API makes sense given the retail businesses they currently own. The API Priceline customer data is just as valuable. Wes kept shares in Coles when they floated it on the ASX in Nov 2018. Why? So they could continue to access the flybuys data.

If I was looking at resource-based shares; lithium e.g. Pilbara Minerals [I made some good coin on this recently] or Lynas (who have struck some interesting deals with the US govt recently) and special minerals miners such as Iluka Resources. The electric vehicle market in every other country will continue to drive demand for lithium, nickel and related metals.

Keitzy said:
Still holds true.! the price tanking is just a small correction and then returns, and surpasses previous highs.

To much institutional money and country adoption now for it to really tank.

Talks of regulation from the sec have been on going for ages now. None of that effects BTC price now.

Spot on. Just nudging today.

Jackthehound said:
Goldfreak said:
Anyone have any uranium shares ?

Goldfreak, I bought a very small parcel a few months back and they have nearly doubled, 0.30 cents up to 0.58 cents
Good to hear. I have some boss. Its done well over the last few mounths. Now Kazataprom who happends to also be a major producer is getting into the game like sprott, not producing but buying and holding. Looking for a large spike to take some profits but am waiting. I am confident the spot price has to go to at least 60 usd per pound and that will reflect in the equity prices but nothing is certain.

2021 Oct
Venezuelans Using Gold To Pay For Meals
I bring this all up because there was a story from Bloomberg News yesterday titled Venezuelans break off flakes of gold to pay for meals, haircuts. They barely have access to the internet so Bitcoin does them no good. A one night stay at a hotel? Thatll be half a gram. Lunch for two at a Chinese restaurant? A quarter of a gram. A haircut? An eighth of a gram, please. They interviewed a 20 yr old kid Jorge Pena who said You can pay for everything with gold. How do people get flakes? They use hand tools to break shards off nuggets and then carry them in their pockets, often wrapped in bolivar bills, one of the few remaining uses for the currency.

Gold is money, its been so for thousands of years, is proving itself once again and the macro backdrop for it has never been better and no amount of made up competition from an asset that is benefiting from that same positive backdrop is going to stop it from going where it will ultimately go and that is likely higher, along with maybe Bitcoin.

Golds look like ita going to keep going up, the better cryptos have gone crazy in a good way for you guys, uranium up, my pet meme stock up, inflation up. What happends from here ?

Update. My uranium explorer company is tanking 15 percent :lol: do I add to this meme stock position or sell out ?

If usage is up the then commit to putting in as much as you can..... the exploration will pay dividends all by itself at any rate. :p

silver said:
If usage is up the then commit to putting in as much as you can..... the exploration will pay dividends all by itself at any rate. :p
do you mean the usage of uranium is up ? My money is on the line here silver.

Latest posts