Rice - The Quick & Easy Camping Meal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is an interesting read, for anyone who likes to just zap or reheat some rice when camping. I knew Chicken could be dodgy because of Campylobacter, and other food and veg that can come into contact with it during preparation. I didn't know this about rice though, and had always assumed that because it was veg and boiled then refrigerated, that it was without sin :skull:

https://www.abc.net.au/everyday/bac...an-make-you-sick-if-not-stored-right/11324446

I did a food safety course awhile ago and they mention the dangers of rice and also spores.

After doing the course i was scared to eat any meals that I hadn't cooked myself :8

While there is no official tally of "Wongs" inside China or Taiwan, Wong is the 6th most common Chinese name in Singapore, the 3rd most common Chinese name in America, and the most common Chinese name in Ontario, Canada.
That's a lot of Wongdoing going on over there.

Nightjar said:
Don't believe all you read Deepseeker, 1.4 billion Chinese can't be wrong. ?

Apparently though, unlike Lysteria or Salmonella etc, the spores and the toxins that they produce, tend to just make you throw up, rather than have the potential to knock you off your perch.

I used to have a cousin (since died) who would write himself off at a party or family bbq (usually on beer and southern comfort), until he was as crook as a dog. The next day without fail he would always blame it on the chicken/seafood/sausage rolls etc.

Maybe it was actually the rice after all :lol:

And who knows Nightjar? Maybe if the Chinese didn't eat rice there would be 2.4 billion of them insead of 1.4 :eek:

Latest posts