You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Dashooter
12 October 2021 08:34 am

Hi Everyone,

Have had a hankering over the years to dabble in the dark arts of swinging a wand and have finally taken the plunge. This could also be a midlife crisis purchase. lol

Not sure exactly what I want to focus on but being in Canberra there will be some long 'day trip's' or weekenders if i want to dabble in gold. I'm thinking I'll start in coins/treasure as there's a plethora of places i can get to relatively easily.
I've decided on a Nox 800 as it seems to offer the best options for all possible targets and environments rather than a dedicated machine. Have also grabbed a finder and other assorted digging/shovelling/supporting items (geez it adds up quick).

Looking forward to getting out amongst it and learning as much as I can.

Hopefully I wont be asking what may sound like a lot of silly questions.

Cheers,
Rob (Dashooter).

6 users like this post: Wally69, Simmo, Wishfull, Manpa, Eldorado, Ag Man

Jaros
12 October 2021 08:42 am

Rob, welcome. Ask away.

F1A4M2, GPX4500, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

Sandta
12 October 2021 01:39 pm

Welcome to the show thumbsup
There are no silly questions ... but there could well be some silly answers wink

2 users like this post: LoneWolf, numpty

Phil8303
14 October 2021 10:16 am

Welcome, mate. ACT gives you access to Vic and NSW soon enough. All the best with it.

Dashooter
14 October 2021 06:22 pm

Phil8303 wrote:

Welcome, mate. ACT gives you access to Vic and NSW soon enough. All the best with it.

It’s good to be in the middle. Have family in Vic (originally from Vic) so I dare say I’ll be hunting down there at some stage. smile

Adrian ss
16 October 2021 04:47 pm

Dashooter wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Have had a hankering over the years to dabble in the dark arts of swinging a wand and have finally taken the plunge. This could also be a midlife crisis purchase. lol

Not sure exactly what I want to focus on but being in Canberra there will be some long 'day trip's' or weekenders if i want to dabble in gold. I'm thinking I'll start in coins/treasure as there's a plethora of places i can get to relatively easily.
I've decided on a Nox 800 as it seems to offer the best options for all possible targets and environments rather than a dedicated machine. Have also grabbed a finder and other assorted digging/shovelling/supporting items (geez it adds up quick).

Cheers,
Rob (Dashooter).

The Nox is primarily a coin, treasure and relic hunter but it does have a gold mode that is worth giving a try out in the gold fields..It will not handle extreme iron mineralisation though.. The machine loves salt sand and beaches, so the South coast is looking good.

Best of luck.
big_smile

Dashooter
18 October 2021 12:20 pm

Adrian ss wrote:
Dashooter wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Cheers,
Rob (Dashooter).

The Nox is primarily a coin, treasure and relic hunter but it does have a gold mode that is worth giving a try out in the gold fields..It will not handle extreme iron mineralisation though.. The machine loves salt sand and beaches, so the South coast is looking good.

Best of luck.
big_smile

Thanks Adrian, South Coast is also part of the plan (now we can get down there and come back without isolation). smile

Adrian ss
18 October 2021 06:03 pm

I have not been tecting since the lock Downs but hope to get to the coast soon. My stamping grounds are anywhere between Batemans Bay and Eden.
My best results from the beaches have been from below the low tide line in roughly knee deep water.
I find that the quantity of targets is thinning out on the beaches over the past few years so listen for the weak signals from deep long time buried items. Also rings, watches and coin is often found in the dry sand high up on the beach and the sand grassy areas are always worth checking out.

Dashooter
19 October 2021 09:18 am

Adrian ss wrote:

I have not been tecting since the lock Downs but hope to get to the coast soon. My stamping grounds are anywhere between Batemans Bay and Eden.
My best results from the beaches have been from below the low tide line in roughly knee deep water.
I find that the quantity of targets is thinning out on the beaches over the past few years so listen for the weak signals from deep long time buried items. Also rings, watches and coin is often found in the dry sand high up on the beach and the sand grassy areas are always worth checking out.

Thanks Adrian,
Awesome tips right there.