Minelab Equinox VDI's / TID's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tailormarc said:
Smoky bandit said:
All the early thrips I've found are always 21 they may flick to 22 but mostly solid 21..The wheat ones are mostly always 16 may flick to 17 sometimes .I use the 800. Interesting yours are solid 23.The only difference I have found with that chart is the 6 pence some older ones are 27.

Hey Smokey, i will take a couple out with me and do a air test then in the same ground found. The ground might have something to do with it. Acually theu were 1880-1904 english ones so that might be why. Will let your all know
Hahaha yer mate all mine are from 1910 onward..That would probably be why yours are a little bit off.. :Y: :)

Hi Everyone

Just interested to see if anyone has done a comparison of TID Numbers between the 6 inch coil and the 11 coil?

Ive personally never used the 6 inch on coins before only gold, but would like to use it at a few spots that are full of junk as theres to many targets seeing the coil at once, so hard to distinguish a good target from bad one and then due to this its very hard to get a clear TID due to a junk target mixing TID Numbers up.

So if anyone has made a list/ chart of the comparison Im sure plenty on here would also be interested to see the difference.

Cheers

I've started doing over some of my trashy sites with a very reduced sensitivity - 2 or 4 out of 25 on the Equinox, and things are coming forth:
1633654561_capture.jpg

A few other relicy things as well, the most interesting one so far being this 1860s Holmes, Booth & Haydens lamp burner:
1633654651_capture2.jpg

All of these were only 1-3 inches down. I think the lesson I'm learning is that's ok to use the full sensitivity range on the detector to avoid swamping it, I normally get hesitant to drop further than about 8/25, turns out I should have gone way lower...

Latest posts