Spoked Verses Solid Nuggetfinder Coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave's Office

Have Detector Will Travel
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 15 or 17 inch Evolution coil and wondered if there is any difference in sensitivity or effectiveness between spoked and solid coils and what the benefits and disadvantages are between them. Any advice will be much appreciated.

When you think about it, there is a difference between the 2 coils the solid has more shielding than the spoked and it should be quieter, with the spoked twigs can be a pain .But i do use a 12evo and a 15 evo both are spoked and i like them ,i have used a 15 evo solid but as i said i like the spoked just a bit lighter .regards john :Y:

I use the 15 Evo spoked and find it does catch the occasional stick but the performance is so good it overrides that issue. I love it. I also have a 12 solid Evo and its great too.

old hand said:
When you think about it, there is a difference between the 2 coils the solid has more shielding than the spoked and it should be quieter, with the spoked twigs can be a pain .But i do use a 12evo and a 15 evo both are spoked and i like them ,i have used a 15 evo solid but as i said i like the spoked just a bit lighter .regards john :Y:

You must have a special one-off spoked 12" Evo then, because they only come in solid :cool:

Latest posts