You are not logged in.

  • Register to access all forum features  

#1

Greenhornet_au
Member
From: Naked in a cupboard
Joined: 01 November 2016
Posts: 1,658
Member
14 September 2021 02:10 pm

Sorry everyone, yes I know this should be in the Wanted ads section, a copy will be put in there too.
Just I suspect not many cruise that topic.

I am getting a little desperate to find a 27mhz CB, there must be some one here that has one sitting on a shelf in the shed that is not needed anymore,
but I need one that is functioning. I have been offered some that are not.

School holidays are coming and an antenna building exercise that I wanted to do with the kids may not happen now.
Preferably I could even borrow one from someone in SA Adelaide area, along with a swr meter ( I am happy to buy a swr meter )
It would be awesome to teach the kids about radios and 'skip' while on camp.

UHF CB's I have plenty of, the kids use them all the time on camp.

So if anyone can assist, please PM me.

wink


Still looking for Captain Feather-swords treasure chest !
Won't be long now - 3310+ holes and STILL counting. (bloody ring-pulls and pull-tabs) LOL

#2

Jaros
Moderator
From: S.E.Qld., QLD
Joined: 11 August 2013
Posts: 15,252
Moderator
14 September 2021 02:17 pm

I'm sure you'll get a bite. Great freq the old 27MHZ Band. When I drove up to Brisbane in 1994 I had a roof rack mounted 9ft stainless steel whip on board. Great connections all the way up from Vic. I had a Johnson Viking SSB unit at the time.


F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

1 user likes this post: Greenhornet_au

#3

casper
Member
From: Boonwurrung country, VIC
Joined: 12 May 2013
Posts: 1,398
Member
14 September 2021 03:14 pm

Jaros wrote:

I'm sure you'll get a bite. Great freq the old 27MHZ Band. When I drove up to Brisbane in 1994 I had a roof rack mounted 9ft stainless steel whip on board. Great connections all the way up from Vic. I had a Johnson Viking SSB unit at the time.

I had a Johnson Viking too!, running into K40 boot mounted whip - a great combo. Sold it to a Wimmera wheat farmer cry


" Luck happens when Preparation meets Opportunity "

1 user likes this post: Greenhornet_au

#4

casper
Member
From: Boonwurrung country, VIC
Joined: 12 May 2013
Posts: 1,398
Member
14 September 2021 03:19 pm

Greenhornet_au wrote:

Sorry everyone, yes I know this should be in the Wanted ads section, a copy will be put in there too.
Just I suspect not many cruise that topic.

I am getting a little desperate to find a 27mhz CB, there must be some one here that has one sitting on a shelf in the shed that is not needed anymore,
but I need one that is functioning. I have been offered some that are not.

School holidays are coming and an antenna building exercise that I wanted to do with the kids may not happen now.
Preferably I could even borrow one from someone in SA Adelaide area, along with a swr meter ( I am happy to buy a swr meter )
It would be awesome to teach the kids about radios and 'skip' while on camp.

UHF CB's I have plenty of, the kids use them all the time on camp.

So if anyone can assist, please PM me.

wink

Check out this link....
https://www.gccomm.com.au/collections/2 … m-cb-radio

I have no connection other than being a satisfied customer.


" Luck happens when Preparation meets Opportunity "

1 user likes this post: Greenhornet_au

#5

Jaros
Moderator
From: S.E.Qld., QLD
Joined: 11 August 2013
Posts: 15,252
Moderator
14 September 2021 03:23 pm

I lost mine when I heard a car rev up and move down the street very quickly. Went to check and they had ripped the SSB out of the car with string or cable and stuffed my dashboard layout in the Statesman. I had a ignition kill switch which I did myself hiding the coil lead in a secret invisible position. That had saved my car twice from autotheft.
They weren't cheap either in those days. Great sensitivity for skip.


F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

1 user likes this post: Greenhornet_au

#6

Nightjar
Member
From: Home-Waikiki, Prospect-Leonora
Joined: 26 September 2013
Posts: 2,380
Member
14 September 2021 03:29 pm

GH, there are many on fleabay.

1631593734_screenshot_2021-09-14-12-26-41.jpg


The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Happy Hunting, Nightjar.

1 user likes this post: Greenhornet_au

#7

Simmo
Member
Joined: 08 November 2014
Posts: 1,734
Member
14 September 2021 06:45 pm

That one is just a straight 40.
But you are right, there are a few on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_fro … o&_sacat=0

I'm not sure how much activity is on 11mtrs anymore? Maybe a scanner could be an option for your project??

1 user likes this post: Greenhornet_au

#8

Greenhornet_au
Member
From: Naked in a cupboard
Joined: 01 November 2016
Posts: 1,658
Member
14 September 2021 07:58 pm

Jaros wrote:

I'm sure you'll get a bite. Great freq the old 27MHZ Band. When I drove up to Brisbane in 1994 I had a roof rack mounted 9ft stainless steel whip on board. Great connections all the way up from Vic. I had a Johnson Viking SSB unit at the time.

I took off from Adelaide to Perth in my early 20's, Bushranger AM/SSB, linear and a 9' stainless on the towbar.
Quite a direction setup.

Spoke to people in Perth all the way over, at a lot more than the speed limit from Pt Augusta to almost in Kalgoolie.

Great times then..
cool


Still looking for Captain Feather-swords treasure chest !
Won't be long now - 3310+ holes and STILL counting. (bloody ring-pulls and pull-tabs) LOL

#9

Greenhornet_au
Member
From: Naked in a cupboard
Joined: 01 November 2016
Posts: 1,658
Member
14 September 2021 08:05 pm

Simmo wrote:

That one is just a straight 40.
But you are right, there are a few on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_fro … o&_sacat=0

I'm not sure how much activity is on 11mtrs anymore? Maybe a scanner could be an option for your project??

Thanks guys.

Sadly a lot of AM only sets on Gumtree and Fleabay.
I have a few of those already (their electrolytic caps may need replacing though)

The purpose is to teach them about making antenna and let them listen to skip, even if it is Filipino fisherman.
At school they are learning about wavelength properties in science, it is a perfect opportunity.
I have been teaching then a little about light wavelengths with prisms and lasers.

Dont know how I missed those on Fleabay, looking thru them now, cheers.

Last edited by Greenhornet_au (14 September 2021 08:10 pm)


Still looking for Captain Feather-swords treasure chest !
Won't be long now - 3310+ holes and STILL counting. (bloody ring-pulls and pull-tabs) LOL

1 user likes this post: Simmo

#10

numpty
Member
From: oil rig, VIC
Joined: 09 July 2015
Posts: 1,526
Member
15 September 2021 11:52 am

you blokes had the bees knee's compared with a Roberts RCB55 that i had lol

1631667139_img_2268-copy.jpg


If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door

1 user likes this post: Greenhornet_au

Top