27mhz CB radio with Sideband 40 channel wanted please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sorry everyone, yes I know this should be in the Wanted ads section, a copy will be put in there too.
Just I suspect not many cruise that topic.

I am getting a little desperate to find a 27mhz CB, there must be some one here that has one sitting on a shelf in the shed that is not needed anymore,
but I need one that is functioning. I have been offered some that are not.

School holidays are coming and an antenna building exercise that I wanted to do with the kids may not happen now.
Preferably I could even borrow one from someone in SA Adelaide area, along with a swr meter ( I am happy to buy a swr meter )
It would be awesome to teach the kids about radios and 'skip' while on camp.

UHF CB's I have plenty of, the kids use them all the time on camp.

So if anyone can assist, please PM me.

;)

I'm sure you'll get a bite. Great freq the old 27MHZ Band. When I drove up to Brisbane in 1994 I had a roof rack mounted 9ft stainless steel whip on board. Great connections all the way up from Vic. I had a Johnson Viking SSB unit at the time.

Jaros said:
I'm sure you'll get a bite. Great freq the old 27MHZ Band. When I drove up to Brisbane in 1994 I had a roof rack mounted 9ft stainless steel whip on board. Great connections all the way up from Vic. I had a Johnson Viking SSB unit at the time.

I had a Johnson Viking too!, running into K40 boot mounted whip - a great combo. Sold it to a Wimmera wheat farmer 8.(

Greenhornet_au said:
Sorry everyone, yes I know this should be in the Wanted ads section, a copy will be put in there too.
Just I suspect not many cruise that topic.

I am getting a little desperate to find a 27mhz CB, there must be some one here that has one sitting on a shelf in the shed that is not needed anymore,
but I need one that is functioning. I have been offered some that are not.

School holidays are coming and an antenna building exercise that I wanted to do with the kids may not happen now.
Preferably I could even borrow one from someone in SA Adelaide area, along with a swr meter ( I am happy to buy a swr meter )
It would be awesome to teach the kids about radios and 'skip' while on camp.

UHF CB's I have plenty of, the kids use them all the time on camp.

So if anyone can assist, please PM me.

;)

Check out this link....
https://www.gccomm.com.au/collectio...nnas/products/tx2720-4-watt-27mhz-am-cb-radio

I have no connection other than being a satisfied customer.

I lost mine when I heard a car rev up and move down the street very quickly. Went to check and they had ripped the SSB out of the car with string or cable and stuffed my dashboard layout in the Statesman. I had a ignition kill switch which I did myself hiding the coil lead in a secret invisible position. That had saved my car twice from autotheft.
They weren't cheap either in those days. Great sensitivity for skip.

GH, there are many on fleabay.

1631593734_screenshot_2021-09-14-12-26-41.jpg

Jaros said:

I took off from Adelaide to Perth in my early 20's, Bushranger AM/SSB, linear and a 9' stainless on the towbar.
Quite a direction setup.

Spoke to people in Perth all the way over, at a lot more than the speed limit from Pt Augusta to almost in Kalgoolie.

Great times then..
:cool:

Simmo said:
That one is just a straight 40.
But you are right, there are a few on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1311&_nkw=ssb+cb+radio&_sacat=0

I'm not sure how much activity is on 11mtrs anymore? Maybe a scanner could be an option for your project??

Thanks guys.

Sadly a lot of AM only sets on Gumtree and Fleabay.
I have a few of those already (their electrolytic caps may need replacing though)

The purpose is to teach them about making antenna and let them listen to skip, even if it is Filipino fisherman.
At school they are learning about wavelength properties in science, it is a perfect opportunity.
I have been teaching then a little about light wavelengths with prisms and lasers.

Dont know how I missed those on Fleabay, looking thru them now, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts