Stamper Batteries

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any stamper batteries/ quartz crushing sites still operating in Victoria? I want to have about 2 ton of quartz processed, ranging from about 5mm to 25mm pieces. P.S. Before anyone suggests It, I'm not interested in doing it with a dolly and stamper. l.o.l. wiley.

I have recently purchased two cheap lawn mowers from aldi recently.
My plan is take the motor out of one turn it upside down and with the help of a fabricator add the ss chain to the rotor of the top mounted one add some inlet for rocks and the vacant motor base being the bottom of this frankensteins monster to house the mesh and good luck gemini.

Read my first post. 2 tons of quartz. I've got two big dollies and pots. If you're available come to my place and I'll pay you $25 an hour to crush it for me, or, $50 if you use one in each hand. I'll supply the dollies, defibrillator, etc. wiley.

Wiley,

I do know of one battery still operating, cant remember exactly, think it was around Castlemaine somewhere. Several small mines that operate today in the GT truck in their workings and use it, maybe touch base with a few of the smaller mine operators. Alternately call Fosterville Mines (Kirkland Lake Gold) and ask them if they can help or steer you

Some body might have a hammer mill that can crush it to say , 2 m.m. I started building a chain type but did not finish it . To grind it finer , I was thinking of a cement mixer less blades , and some steel balls . I think the old timers used 100 mesh on stampers . So you need it to pass that size .

BigL. Thanks for that. I'll give them a try. Mike. It's already 2 to 5mm. All the specimens I got were small, except for one 2.5 ouncer. They were unusual, as the visible gold on them was very water worn. The run of specimens began about 10 metres from reef workings, and went in a fan shape down the slope for about 20 metres. Found this lot with the 7000. Went back with the 2300,and got about 50 more bits, then the 10" X coil on the 7000. Got about 10 more. Geez. That was a fun spot to work! Wiley.

Hey Wiley where are you based. Im in N,east Victoria and have a small Jaw crusher, Impact mill, Rod mill, and also a small 2 head stamper battery that im just putting the final touches to.

First try and work out what kind of gold (particle size) you have. If it's mostly visible then a hammermill will work fine. If its small stuff as well then try and find someone with an amalgam barrel and see if you can strike a deal.

I've picked up all the visible gold using 3 different detectors, over 200 small specimens in a small area. I'm now interested in what's in the quartz that's in the same area that has no visible, or, detectable gold in it. That's why I'm interested in a stamper battery to run it through. I'll look up the amalgam process as well. I was told by an old miner about 40 years ago, that, if there was visible gold in the quartz that the gold would be running at an ounce per ton, or more. Does that sound about right to you G.L? wiley.

1631535435_rimg0730.jpg
Goldtalk. I think this one's running a little bit more than an ounce a ton. wiley

Yes, that white end is the probe . Used in mine tunnels to check the walls for example . There is a handle so you can walk around checking quartz or rocks .