Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info Jen, I got one off Detect, was way cheaper than what you paid. Hope you have some luck with your machine; gave mine a try with the 17" coil, run very quite on the same settings as the 11". Was not to bad weight wise, may need the pro 45 or Hip Stick for a full day detect. Only found crap, was up the back paddock, so I did not expect colour. I found it very easy to pin point with for a large coil. Picked up small buckshot no problem.
Cheers
John

limpalot said:
Thanks for the info Jen, I got one off Detect, was way cheaper than what you paid. Hope you have some luck with your machine; gave mine a try with the 17" coil, run very quite on the same settings as the 11". Was not to bad weight wise, may need the pro 45 or Hip Stick for a full day detect. Only found crap, was up the back paddock, so I did not expect colour. I found it very easy to pin point with for a large coil. Picked up small buckshot no problem.
Cheers
John

Thanks... but I never said how much I paid for anything so not sure what you're talking about but have a great day..

Jen

Took A mate up the palmer with his 6000. He had never done any detecting and I was a bit surprised at his purchase however I thought I would take him up to a patch that I found last trip and see how it went. I had a small area 15 x 10 metre that produce 22 small nuggets and 3 species , sub grammars . 2 to 1 gram with my 4500 with 15 nf. Needless to say I had worked this ground hard looking for something decent. Well we took the 6000 out for the day with the 14 inch DD and it was a very interesting day with me digging and both of us listening ( speaker). Firstly we found 13 bits that I missed, all shallow 50 to 150 deep and a couple of specie , some of the targets were so small I will be bringing a magnifying glass next time . The double D does discriminate well with most targets we were about 90% accurate with our targets . Just the old lead shot as usual and of course dig all screamers. If you like digging holes you will find gold for sure and its light as !. Very impressed and I havent tried the small coil yet.

1631530931_6000_detector_case_2.jpg

Made a case for the 6000, could not find anything made. Cost a fortune, but it is protected :Y:

Jennifer said:
Hi all... I just picked up a 6000, is there an adapter cable to use your own wired headphones like we can get from Nenad for the SDC? I heard that the Equinox cable works, is that true? Thank you all in advance, I really appreciate the info.

Stay safe out there
Jen

Hi Jen,

Re: the audio output.

It has a 3.5 mm audio jack to plug into. No special cable required.

If you wanted to use headphones with a 3/8" plug then you would need an adapter but they should be available at any decent audio store for a couple of bucks.

If you wanted to stay wireless though and use whatever headphones you want (low latency or not) then you could get a Low Latency Blue Tooth receiver. This is the one that I got - photo below. About $35 Australian. It pairs easily and works great. No audio lag that I can notice and it shows up on the GPX6 display as being connected via Low latency rather than just regular BT. It does only have the 3.5mm jack but again, a $3 adapter would fix that. I just stick it in my top pocket. It is tiny and weighs nothing.

I am waiting for a similar thing which has a clip and is made by Avantree but it has not been released yet.

Hope that was the answer you were looking for?

Cheers, N.E.

1631534501_audio_1.jpg

1631534513_audio_2.jpg

1631534524_audio_3.jpg

1631534537_audio_4.jpg

Northeast said:
Jennifer said:
Hi all... I just picked up a 6000, is there an adapter cable to use your own wired headphones like we can get from Nenad for the SDC? I heard that the Equinox cable works, is that true? Thank you all in advance, I really appreciate the info.

Stay safe out there
Jen

Hi Jen,

Re: the audio output.

It has a 3.5 mm audio jack to plug into. No special cable required.

Thank you sir... had not tried a basic cable, so use to Minelab's """unique""" features... and saw the $40.00 Equinox cable so assumed "here we go again" lol..

Thanks for the good news.
Jen

The news of minelab approved coils by coiltek in 2022 has roused my interest again. No adapters needed as the coils will be chipped from factory. Like many, im hoping for a small eliptical thats waterproof and maybee slightly lighter than a minelab 11" mono. :Y:

Minelab seems to think we have VERY deep pockets. Just printed out the pocket guide and it measures 30cm deep :lol:
Maybee calling it a "sock guide" or "sleeve guide" would be more accurate.. or even make it trimable so it actually fits in a regular sized pocket. :idea:
:|

Maybe, just before pressing print, adjust your print size from A4 to actual size. :Y:

Redfin said:
Maybe, just before pressing print, adjust your print size from A4 to actual size. :Y:

That might have been where i went wrong.
Have decided the 6000 doesnt look that difficult to operate so will chop up what i have printed already and just laminate a few key points i might want to refer to during first few uses. Looks like it shouldnt take long to become familiar with operations.
Thanks for the suggestion redfin

Just a couple ......

Are people taping the coil to stop dirt ingress? Can't say I've seen photos/vids of people going to the trouble but it's an old habit. Should I do it or not?

Has anyone tried to swap over the alligator clips to a cigarette lighter plug? Seems to be a better option but don't know if it's even possible to do. The older GPX units had that supplied (or at least the 4800 did).

Cheers T.

Latest posts