Quads and buggys

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all. Thinking about buying a quad or a buggy.
I like the look of the polaris rzr 520 buggy, but am hearing really bad things about service and follow ups.

Next, maybe a CF moto quad, obviously I'd prefer a Honda, but budget dosnt allow.

So anyone with experience with either of these , your input would be appreciated!

Cheers, Dave.

My mate has a Yammie, and it's great.
I won't be speeding around on it, just putting about, I would love a Honda, a yammie,can am or Suzuki, Kawasaki, but I think it's going to have to be a CF moto, because of my budget. I'm a bit scared of 2nd hand quads here in the top end, because so many get used around Saltwater to get to some great barra spots.
So am looking at new.

I had my heart set on a Honda 500 about 12 months ago but price scared me off and ended up buying a mates Polaris 400 2012 model with 114 km and 63 hours on it for $5000 and very happy with it . Polaris have a funny way with their sizing as mine is actually 450 cc and my brother has a much newer Polaris 450 which is 500 cc which he is very happy with . Only problem is I spend too much time having fun on the quad and not putting coil on the ground , I will try to fix this next time Iam out prospecting.

Chrisso said:
I had my heart set on a Honda 500 about 12 months ago but price scared me off and ended up buying a mates Polaris 400 2012 model with 114 km and 63 hours on it for $5000 and very happy with it . Polaris have a funny way with their sizing as mine is actually 450 cc and my brother has a much newer Polaris 450 which is 500 cc which he is very happy with . Only problem is I spend too much time having fun on the quad and not putting coil on the ground , I will try to fix this next time Iam out prospecting.

8500klms on our 13 400ho,great quad,have you replaced the fan relay fuse,it's a problem but a 20 minute permanent fix is easy,it will let ya down,ours did early on,just tore the rear sway tube out of the rear frame mount to,if i knew about that i would of disconnected it years ago,otherwise ours has been bashed about wa for 7 yrs and hasn't missed a beat....

Sounds like the same model quad as mine , no issues so far only put about another 100 km since owning it I drive it like an old lady .