Prospecting Young and Cowra NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new to prospecting so I'm after a few pointers of where the local spots or. Creeks around young or cowra nsw does anyone know much about these places or would it be best to go to bathurst and seek out a few creeks and rivers.
Also is it allowed to take material from site to use at home in the sluice box.

Hi Simon and welcome.

As stated in the guide http://www.resourcesandenergy.nsw.g.../A-Guide-to-Fossicking-in-New-South-Wales.PDF you can take home up to 10kg of mineral bearing material in a 48 hour period. About one bucketful.

However it's best practice to process the material on site (e.g. At least put it through a classifier) and just take home your concentrates. As recreational fossickers we should always try to leave each site exactly as we found it.

As for spots, try researching Binni Creek , Canowindra, or Lambing Flat.

Hello dron just rather me go through all the reading again quick question are you still allowed to use the sluice box or high banker in nsw anymore

Gday Simon
There is a place called Chance Gully in Young , you will find it behind Blackett Ave . Ive found a bit of small gold down there . It is normaly dry but runs after heavy rain , so look for the drops and traps. I was taking concentrates away to pan but it might have some water available at the moment.
Gaz :cool:

Hope this gives you some idea what is around those areas you will have to find out what is National Park or private property (sorry not very clear GE is playing up)

Cowra is in the centre

1540250119_cowra_nsw.jpg

Young is in the centre

1540250169_young_nsw.jpg

simon so many places with no effort at all :playful:

research is one of the more awesome parts of our fine hobby :perfect:

very rewarding :trophy: :trophy:

im in cowra at moment be going to back of dam on week end to have a look at where abercromby comes in defently at binni ck
but i kike to look for new spots have fun mate

7.62marksman said:
Hope this gives you some idea what is around those areas you will have to find out what is National Park or private property (sorry not very clear GE is playing up)

Cowra is in the centre

Young is in the centre

Hi Mate, where can I access this map or can you tell me what the little red dots indicate on the young map, thanks.

7.62marksman said:
sluice yes highbanker is a big no mate

Wrong information. There is no ban on highbankers in NSW. The ban is on the water pumps. You can still use a banker as long as there is no water pump attached to the banker.

Cheers
Jemba

Latest posts