Back With Some Finds And A Coin Spill

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a pretty exciting end of hunt today.
Firstly I have been out of action for some time. But recently landed another XP Deus with the 11inch x35 coil. All I can say is this coil goes super deep and is super quiet on the ground... no chitter chatter and that is with the sensitivity above 90.

First hunt last week I went to a spot I have hit many times many years ago I call it the 'musket ball area'. All those tiny green bullet shells were what I missed in the previous hunts. And I did land 3 more musket balls.
Pretty much just ammunition rounds from different era's by the looks of it. No coins.

Today I went out on my second hunt in a week. Absolutely nothing as it was an area I had been to many times. however towards the end of the day as its getting dark I swung over a chopped up can... many fragments. then 1 metre later a solid squealing 92 signal... I had a feeling it was a silver coin.. sure enough a florin! But there was more... 7 more coins in the hole (within half a metre).. a classic coin spin. Very thrilled and excited... and got my motivation back.

1559113776_thumbnail_20190522_160826.jpg

1559113776_thumbnail_20190529_165739.jpg

1559113777_thumbnail_20190529_165804.jpg

1559113777_thumbnail_20190529_165809.jpg

1559113777_thumbnail_20190529_170008.jpg

Yeeeeew! Makes all the ammo worth it when something like that comes along. An all silver coin spill is the best kind and there's some nice ones in there too :power:

Shows the range of coins in general service at the time. Would'a been able to pluck just about any coin out for the album back then (if you were rich enough hey.
Well found treasureman.
:power: :cool: :Y:
1559249804_screenshot_2019-05-31-06-50-58.jpg

1559249861_screenshot_2019-05-31-06-50-35.jpg

can definitely tell the older coins have been past around since minted and still in pockets 30 years later. the 1919 florin has seen some use. that was the first coin to come out of the hole. at the time I thought that was it but there more to come. I like coins spills. there was another coin spill in the same area I detected 2 years ago about 40 metres away from this spot. I plan on going back there just to see if theres any more. very little junk. I did notice 1919 florins in mint condition are worth 5k$,.... this one maybe 15$ lol

hope to get out once a week for a swing and a walk. and some treasure maybe lol

Yesterdays hunt did not bring much but some interesting items. The folding ruler is a first for me. Does anyone have an idea of the era? 18th or 19th century?

I love finding 3 ringer bullets for some reason.

The 2 tube items were found in the same hole quite deep.... maybe 15 inches. Looks like there use to be wood inside as partially still remains. One tube is slightly smaller than the other. Any idea?

1560137872_dsc_0043.jpg

1560137872_dsc_0048.jpg

1560137873_dsc_0049.jpg

1560137873_dsc_0050.jpg

1560137874_dsc_0051.jpg

Nice finds treasureman :Y:

That's one of the things I love about this forum. It's not just people chasing gold

I bet if member aussiemd saw those shotgun cartridge ends he would be itching for you to clean them up and see who the manufacturer was. He has his own site where he collects them throughout the decades. There are some rarer ones apparently, and maybe the ones you found are earlier/rarer ones seeing as they were found near musket balls. His post was here

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=487798#p487798

Deepseeker said:

That's one of the things I love about this forum. It's not just people chasing gold

I bet if member aussiemd saw those shotgun cartridge ends he would be itching for you to clean them up and see who the manufacturer was. He has his own site where he collects them throughout the decades. There are some rarer ones apparently, and maybe the ones you found are earlier/rarer ones seeing as they were found near musket balls. His post was here

and there I have been throwing them out! The shotgun shells that is. I will keep that in mind from now. However id say a good 50+ have been thrown away. Live and learn

Dave79 said:
Maybe a wooden walking stick with sleeves around the top and bottom?

I did think it could be part of an old walking stick Dave. Im looking at 18th / 19th century walking stick and some have similar sleeves

Wow.... I count about 44 there give or take a couple treasureman :Y:

silver said:
Wow.... I count about 44 there give or take a couple treasureman :Y:
All in the same area Silver one spot just had a litter of musket balls. I imagine I haven't found all of them but cleaned up the most obvious ones. Going through the collection I found some smaller musket balls that are not like the majority I have been finding. Seems to be plenty of musket balls but not real treasure (coins) items.

Deepseeker said:

If only i knew about this years ago, would have thrown away most of them before i knew they were collectable. Even a few 'pinfire' i am kicking myself i through those in the bin.

Latest posts