Panning at home Setups

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for inspiration for setting up a decent area for panning at home. Currently just use an old babies bath tub.

Has anyone plumbed anything together to drop the dirty water?

Thanks in advance.

I use a tub which is 1/3rd of a plastic 44gallon ad blue drum, I usually seive in my pan using the hose and poor off silty water onto lawn , then dip into tub and swirl to silt water up again and poor onto lawn, continue this until most the silt is gone then pan into tub letting rocks and sand wash out into tub.
This way the water In the tub stays clean long enough to get a back and arm ache and until im sick of panning. Easily get through 20 litres of dirt , plus I usually use a 1/2inch sieve on a 20 liter buckets in the river when getting pay dirt which washes alot of silt away and saves bringing larger stones home , in most cases half's the material brought home.

Thanks aussiefarmer, some good ideas there. I've done something similar hosing out my bucket of material for a while before scooping into the pan but I like your idea of dumping the dirty water out on the go.

Yeah post your pics hornet!

This little home made recirculating sluice works perfectly, Add dishwasher liquid to water.

1630885697_archivepotos588.jpg

Another project, goldwheel using recirculating system.

1630886588_sluice3.jpg

Made a bowl device but can't find photos.

I made a dog kennel strong enough to hold an 80L panning tub, and its n wheels. Mobile "ish" and space saver :D

This little home made recirculating sluice works perfectly, Add dishwasher liquid to water.

1630885697_archivepotos588.jpg

Another project, goldwheel using recirculating system.

1630886588_sluice3.jpg

Made a bowl device but can't find photos.
Looks like some brilliant kit!