Sydney Prospecting Clubs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Goldduststeve, I am out at Lower Portland and have recently bought a metal detector. Its a second hand CTX3030 Just learning how to use it and never been involved in metal detecting of any sort in the past. But am interested in getting together with others to look at taking trips out bush. Cheers Barry

davetheaviator said:
Hi ??
Im at Stanhope Gardens and keen myself to gain experience off others...

Cheers ?
Dave

Hi Dave,

I am around the corner in Quakers if you are interested in going out one day i would be keen must warn you though complete NOOB

cheers

Shane

Hello Everyone. I live at Seven Hills and brought my first detector. Would like to meet, go camping and learn how to metal detect.

Hello, i am new to this site. I have purchased a GPZ7000 ready for when i retire and hit the road as a grey nomad in 5 month stime.
Is there anyone around the Sydney area, or are there any clubs that go detecting at weekends?
I am keen to get some real world practice on this machine as soon as i can.

I have transport and willing to share costs etc?

Many thanks Graham

Hi Graham
Welcome to the site. You will find heaps of info in using the 7000 on here and there are heaps of videos on youtube on how to get started. Generaly default settings are the way to go until you get used to the machine.
Head up the Hill End for a few days and detect the Common. Im happy to send you a few locations that are worth looking at . You will more than likely find a few prospectors in the campground up there
Also look at getting the Australian Geology travel map app as it invaluable when propecting Australia wide.

The other side of swinging a detector is the researching of where to actually put the coil on the ground. The Doug Stone maps are a good place to start. They show the general working in and area but are not too acurate when it comes to the property boundries, crown land and private land.
Good luck
Bob

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply.
I don't actually need any help with the detector, its a pretty easy tool to understand, a bit of in the field practice will certainly help fine tune things though.
I do have the travel map. Not the easiest thing to navigate though.
As for the book, yes, i did get that and have read a fair bit of it.
I will be visiting most of the areas in that map area over the next ten years or so, unless i break my toe on a big nugget, then i will be in Vegas.
Any tips to locations would be appreciated, as i say, i just need to get out and use it to dial it in properly.

I did buy that book and I will be visiting a few of those areaon my travels for sure.s

hi all been reading the posts anything eventuate on a group started keen to detect with other detectorists
north richmond area

hi all been reading the posts anything eventuate on a group started keen to detect with other detectorists
north richmond area
Willie I am in Lower Portland I am interested in getting together for a chat about forming a group. And if anyone else is interested let me know and we can set up a meeting. I am very new having bought a second hand CTX 3030 about 18months ago. Happy to meet in Windsor or somewhere close by.

Latest posts