More gold for sale and/or comment - weird heading, hey? :-)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So these are my bits.

They are all speccies. The question is "are they worth more to someone as speccies or is it easier to just crush them and sell as gold value"?

Pic 1 - obviously 2.83 grams total but maybe 1 - 1.5 grams of gold?

1630674101_adam_s_gold_5.jpg

Pic 2 - not even worth weighing as there is so much more quartz than gold. Some pieces have a moderate amount of gold and others have barely a freckle. A pure guess is maybe 1.5 grams of gold at the most.

1630674262_adam_s_gold_6.jpg

So, does anyone genuinely want them as specimens? They would be good test pieces for a VLF. They sing on the GPX 6000 which is just crazy considering how little gold is in some of them. Maybe you want to stick them in little cotton filled containers and sell them individually on Ebay?

In total are they worth $300 to someone with registered post and insurance included? 39 pieces in total. If yes, let me know.

Otherwise they will get a crushing and there will be no more guessing :playful:

Thanks GC.

The buyer has advised that they have a little project planned and the speccies are destined for some crushing. So we will find out exactly how much gold is in there which will be interesting.

I've found a lot of these little speccies in one particular spot and have never crushed any to find out just how much gold is through them.

:Y:

I sold a few nice looking ones on eBay awhile ago thinking they might attract a collector.
Was pretty shocked when the bloke emailed me to tell me how much gold he got after crushing them :eek:
:lol: Ahh well. Ended up he paid a bit under spot price for the gold he got so he was happy.

mbasko said:
I sold a few nice looking ones on eBay awhile ago thinking they might attract a collector.
Was pretty shocked when the bloke emailed me to tell me how much gold he got after crushing them :eek:
:lol: Ahh well. Ended up he paid a bit under spot price for the gold he got so he was happy.

I'd be keen on a kilo if ya have anymore there matt :lol: :lol :lol: :

mbasko said:

To be honest I will be quite happy if the the buyer gets more gold out of them than what i am guessing. It is always a risk buying specimens and if the new owner ends up a bit better off then everyone is happy :)

Mods - the money is in so please mark this one as sold and closed.

Thank you to the P.A. community. Always been a good crew to buy or sell with :clap: :Y:

I was happy he got his money worth out of them but shocked because I thinking he might have kept them as is. I was still happy with what I got for them. :Y:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts