You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

The Metal Detective
20 July 2020 03:29 am

G'day Everyone,
I am new to detecting but not prospecting, for several weeks now I have been watching video after video and I am now looking for local Australian feedback befor I make a final decision, as I'm tossing up between the Minelab Equinox 8oo & this new machine
The XP ORX.
Can I get some feedback from anyone that has an ORX or had anything to do with either one please as it would help my final decision a real lot, thank you for any assistance., Cheers !
P.S, Mainly after Relics , Coins Etc !

Last edited by The Metal Detective (20 July 2020 03:31 am)

Such is Life !

OldGT
20 July 2020 07:16 am

Clegy would be your man I reckon.

3 users like this post: Sandta, The Metal Detective, rockdev

Sandta
20 July 2020 07:35 am

Yep .. Ceggy thumbsup

2 users like this post: The Metal Detective, rockdev

silver
20 July 2020 07:38 am

Sandta wrote:

Yep .. Ceggy thumbsup

Hard night there brother tongue

Need a coffee next aye big_smile

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

grubstake
20 July 2020 09:02 am

This is Clegy (importer/dealer/detectorist):
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … hp?id=5752

Last edited by grubstake (20 July 2020 09:18 am)

Where it is, there it is.

rockdev
20 July 2020 11:45 am

I have an ORX and a XP Deus, they are both very good relic hunters. I do prefer the Deus for relics but that's just me...it has a few little extra settings which I find useful. The ORX is more a turn on and go machine with 4 preset modes, 2 of which are for gold and 2 for coins/relics. There is also a salt mode which can be activated as well so really 5 different options. Now it also has 2 memory slots which you can save custom programs you have made. The Gold programs can also be used for relic hunting as well as on the beach. perfect

I have also owned and used a couple of Equinox 800s, fantastic machine's very good on coins / beach / and relics, especially with a smaller coil if your in tight area's / stubble. I have found small gold with the Nox as well, all under 0.5 gram. I would have to say a very deep machine, a very good weapon for all types of hunting probably one of the most useful machines available, especially with its multi frequency voodoo. 100

Saying all this which one do I prefer, well, both are great machines hard to separate them...but because we are getting a little older we prefer to use the XP Machines, they are very well balanced and exceptionally light weight which suits us better. Easy to store in a backpack or small bag and take with you anywhere. Big question is do they also find Gold...yes sir thumbsup they certainly do, have found some nice pieces recently in very hot ground pickshovel

cheers

Nox 800, Vanquish 440, Gold Rat Sluice's.

3 users like this post: grubstake, mbasko, The Metal Detective

The Metal Detective
20 July 2020 05:25 pm

Hi Rockdev,
Well that's a pretty good response and covers all aspects of what I wanted to know, it's really looking like the ORX, it would appear to be the best around for the money right now.
But if I can say, thank you all very much for your input it's very helpful when people know what they are talking about.. thanks guys. cool thumbsup

Such is Life !

3 users like this post: rockdev, grubstake, stoyve

rockdev
20 July 2020 06:16 pm

No worries glad to be of some assistance, I wouldn't right of the Equinox though its a bloody good Machine. There both exceptional machine's for what they are, don't think you can go wrong with either one. pickshovel good luck.

cheers

Last edited by rockdev (20 July 2020 06:18 pm)

OldGT
20 July 2020 07:31 pm

Rockdev was that the ORX you found gold with or just the Deus.

I will be the first to admit I only had guidance from an ORX owner who was very new to the machine and I had a few bits of gold on me at the time, but I was pretty underwhelmed by it.

Played around with a few coins (it was in hot ground) and the owner could tell by my expression what I was thinking.

A proper demo would satisify my curiosity, but a proficient users summary would be better.

I have seen the Deus in action, even used it a few times myself, great little machine and a credit to xp, which is why it was a little dissapointing seeing the ORX, but I would always reserve judgement until someone who is not selling me one and has a firm grasp on its capabilities makes an assessment.

Will follow this thread with interest and an open mind.

1 user likes this post: The Metal Detective

rockdev
20 July 2020 08:43 pm

The other day I found the gold with the Deus OldGt, I did have the ORX control box with me and split but the day in half using both. I run the Deus in the morning and the ORX in the afternoon. I found 3 pieces in the morning sizes were 0.17, 2.14 and 4.56. There was no missing the bigger ones, and the .17 wasn't to bad a signal either but easily mist if not concentrating.

I have found the GB is very crucial on the Xp's for gold, not so much for coins. They are like all vlf's though, still noisy in the hot ground. The hot rocks are easy to distinguish after getting your ear in. I have no doubt the ORX would have found the nuggets as well as I found lots of small lead and boot tacks after lunch using the ORX. Also found the ORX is quicker to ground balance with the 1 touch ground grab button. thumbsup

cheers

1595238225_coil-gold.jpg

Last edited by rockdev (20 July 2020 08:43 pm)

8 users like this post: OldGT, greyhound, grubstake, Ded Driver, RM Outback, Goldfreak, mbasko, numpty

GoldenMan
01 September 2021 11:16 am

Guys, how to set up Orx to search for nuggets in heavy soil among hot stones, what moments and secrets are there? beer beer

Goldpick
01 September 2021 08:40 pm

Here is a generalised setup guide for gold on the orx, specific areas may require some tweaking to run stable. As with many VLF's, learning the audio responses from various targets will be something that will take time and experience to master, some areas may prove to be problematic with regards to high mineralisation and an abundance of hot rocks compared to using a PI detector..

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-de … -up-guide/

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Equinox 600, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, XP MI-6, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

1 user likes this post: grubstake

GoldenMan
02 September 2021 01:47 am

Goldpick wrote:

Here is a generalised setup guide for gold on the orx, specific areas may require some tweaking to run stable. As with many VLF's, learning the audio responses from various targets will be something that will take time and experience to master, some areas may prove to be problematic with regards to high mineralisation and an abundance of hot rocks compared to using a PI detector..

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-de … -up-guide/

Friend, thank you very much. fistpump
This is good, useful, theoretical information! But how is it practically, is it possible to often have to change the settings when searching?
There is little practical information about Orx. beer beer

GoldenMan
03 September 2021 08:23 am

Hi fistpump
I'm interested in there is a group of people who have a good nugget finder using Xp Orx?
beer beer

Goldpick
03 September 2021 08:25 pm

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Equinox 600, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, XP MI-6, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

1 user likes this post: GoldenMan

GoldenMan
03 September 2021 11:45 pm

Goldpick wrote:

Thank you friend fistpump
I know this video saw)
I mean can the Xp Orx practically find nuggets like the GM 1000?

Can they both compete or the Xp Orx is a weaker device and more difficult to set up?

For your health beer beer