X Coils for GPX/QED/GPZ detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbasko said:
Would you normally detect with smoothing in high Dave? From memory I used to have it off on the Zed?

Yes we mostly do mate, we prefer to have the smoothing on high and take the sensitivity up to 16 or more which works for us, I'm not saying it is the correct thing to do, but for us it is.

We did try smoothing off today and had to drop the sensitivity to 9 to make it usable for us, and the end result in my opinion is one equals the other and so to me it comes down to what works best or how you like it setup for yourself really.

cheers dave

Due to changes in the Russian X coil partnership I am now an agent for all types of X coils, rather than just coils for QED, which has been the agreement in the past.

Mod edit:
Note: Reg Wilson is no longer a dealer for X Coils or QED

Last edited by a moderator:
Righto, looking to get an X Coil for the zed. Now, do i get a CC 15 or 17" or a 17x12 or 17" round spiral?
Will be using as a go to coil, so patch hunting and general use.
CC can handle EMI a bit better, not sure how they handle storms?
my understanding is you can pass over a nugget with the outer ring, but if you dont get close to the inner ring, can miss the target completley? So if thats athe case, it might not be a great patch finding coil?

Opinions from those with X Coil experience most welcome!

cheers Dave.