Lesgold's videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks

Just did a quick YouTube clip update on connecting the SP01 to the 6000. It was a simple modification to a lead that made the setup much simpler and more compact. It also removed a problem that occurs with audio leads moving around and occasionally upsetting the sound quality. Im very happy with the results. Enjoy.

Cheers

Les

Thanks Pete. I enjoy doing this type of thing purely for what a mate and I can learn from the testing. We are always comparing settings, signal responses etc on undug targets so that we can make adjustments and improve our knowledge base. I always carry a phone with me so it would be silly not to record what we are doing and share it with others.

Cheers

Les

Hi Folks,
Spent a bit of winter up in Qld to get away from the cold. Was lucky enough to spend some time camping at Theresa Creek dam which is located just south of Clermont. Had a play for a couple of days swinging the 6000 and the zed around the GPAs in that area. Both machines behaved themselves quite well and was lucky enough to uncover a few small bits. Heres a clip that I put together from one of the outings. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Les

Hi Les notice you have been using a blue tooth receiver on the 6000 with the spo1. What brand of blue tooth receiver have you been using and does it have a lag. Grime

Hi Grime. I use a low latency SoundPEATS transmitter/ receiver that I purchased on Amazon. It does the job very well with no apparent lag. I dont use the 6 without it.

Cheers

Les

Thanks Les I have tried a few and all have a lag. Do you use the 6000 blue tooth transmit function or use another of the units to transmit and another to receive n

Hi Folks,

Good to have a cool day for a change. It was nice to get out in the bush again. A mate and I went to a new spot yesterday for a swing. He did well and came home with some nice little bits. I didnt trouble the scorer but did end up with a signal that we had to walk away from as we didnt have the gear to get it out of a crevice that it was in. Travelled the best part of two hours today to get back to the spot in the mountains to recover the cause of the signal. Heres what we uncovered for all our driving and walking to get to the spot.

Cheers

Les

Jaros said:
All the bluetooth devices have a time lag-you have to adjust your swing speed to slow to pin down the target or use a good pinpointer.

With the WM-12 and the GPZ 7000 - the technology (at least on paper) uses the same frequency range but different data packages, which they (could) claim gives near to no delay. I do not notice time-lag with the WM-12 - but do walk rather slow (once I find something, almost slowmotion)

Here is what the non-Bluetooth technology that Minelab calls "Wi-Stream" does:

"Wi-Stream uses efficient low-power digital audio transmission to achieve no perceivable audio time lag (<10 ms) from the CTX 3030 / GPZ 7000 to the WM 10 / WM 12."

Great series of videos Lesgold. You've been competing with the Winter Olympics on TV tonight and won out. Thank you :)

Thanks for the comments guys. My mate and I had a couple of really enjoyable days out in the bush. Finding some gold was something that just topped off some absolutely amazing scenery.

Thanks for sharing guys :Y: Loved ya mates comment "ya scales are out " :lol: :lol:

After filming the clip last weekend, my mate and I went for a bit of a stroll with the sixs to see if we could find something else. No gold but my mate did find a very small signal in water under a drop off. We couldnt recover anything so it was decided that we should return today with a mask and snorkel to see what was making the noise. It didnt take long to recover the culprit. We came back with the zeds today as they are much more stable in the wet ground around the creeks. (Both machines work well in the water)

Latest posts