Some cleaned buckles

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I normally don't clean most of my finds but have done so with some buckles I've found. Some have been waxed. There are both cricket and non-cricket buckles.

1629092572_p1070327_2.jpg

1629092293_p1070328.jpg

1629092294_p1070329.jpg

Unreal! That's almost a museum worthy collection going on there, well done!

Are you swinging around a cricket oval I'm guessing?

Upside said:

No. There are some nearby (ie within 10km) but I'm on a gold field area. They were ornamental items by and large but not exclusively. I would love to see them in all their former glory with gilt and colour. I see some every now and then on auction sites and I think Brian's book has a couple for show too.

Detectist said:
Upside said:

No. There are some nearby (ie within 10km) but I'm on a gold field area. They were ornamental items by and large but not exclusively. I would love to see them in all their former glory with gilt and colour. I see some every now and then on auction sites and I think Brian's book has a couple for show too.

Sure they'd look great all shiny and new but I like them tarnished and aged alot. Don't over clean them I vote. :Y:

Thanks for sharing your amazing collection. Should I be lucky enough to find something within the cricket genre and worthy enough, Ill share it. :Y:

Thanks for the comments guys.

I've left some in a more dug state to show differences to those cleaned.

I'm going to clean up some other stuff over the next few weeks.

Latest posts