Minelab GPX6000 coil issues

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teemore

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Has taken too long for the first report of faults with the 6000.
Faulty coil, loan of a demo unit was arranged for the weekend and replacement coil on its way.
Anyone else had any issues??

1620636654_34f07117-87f1-489b-ae40-1c3df8bf79bb.jpg

Jaros said:
At least you paid for some of the fuel cost with the nuggies. :(

Dont own one yet ..... a friends weekend experience.
But he did find gold in an area where I could only manage 1 with the SDC, albeit in only a couple of hours compared to his time detecting.

grubstake said:
Teemore said:
Faulty coil, loan of a demo unit was arranged for the weekend and replacement coil on its way.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...6654_34f07117-87f1-489b-ae40-1c3df8bf79bb.jpg

Nope, this is actually the second fault report. Mbasko's was the first:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=607026#p607026

We'll a few said they'll wait till any teething problems occure or are sorted,at least it's minelab and ya know it's probably nothing serious plus there product support is second to none ive found over the years.
No problems here,oh yes i have one,i can't seem to wipe the smile off my face when walking about with the 11 on it,no tethers,no leads it's like being unshackled after 20 yrs on the chain gangs :D
It would be nice if we got a timeframe on the 17" or spare batteries,6 months,next month,next week? communicate with ya customers minelab,has anyone heard an ETA on the 17?

Goldchaser1 said:
grubstake said:
Teemore said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...6654_34f07117-87f1-489b-ae40-1c3df8bf79bb.jpg

Nope, this is actually the second fault report. Mbasko's was the first:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=607026#p607026

We'll a few said they'll wait till any teething problems occure or are sorted,at least it's minelab and ya know it's probably nothing serious plus there product support is second to none ive found over the years.
No problems here,oh yes i have one,i can't seem to wipe the smile off my face when walking about with the 11 on it,no tethers,no leads it's like being unshackled after 20 yrs on the chain gangs :D
It would be nice if we got a timeframe on the 17" or spare batteries,6 months,next month,next week? communicate with ya customers minelab,has anyone heard an ETA on the 17?

Perhaps an ETA on the next wave of detectors would be nice :|

Over the last month or so the standard 11" coil on our 6K got increasingly noisy.
Took it back to coiltek and had a new coil sent out by Minelab.
The result = quiet as a mouse.

Retaping and cleaning my 11" coil today ..... at first thought the "mark" on one side was just a moulding ridge ..... checked the other side ..... very definite cracking around the shaft mount. Be interesting to see what Minelab have to say and what they do.
Anyone else had this issue, was it resolved?
tempImageX6Vnly.jpg
tempImageloNDWY.jpg

Haven't heard of any before TM, you may be the first.
As you know Minelab has excellent warranty/after-sales service so you should be right.

In their efforts to make the GPX6000 coils super light, I am afraid that Minelab have produced goods that are just not going to stand the test of time and use !
My original GPZ14 is now 7 years old, has done thousands of hours of work, and is still absolutely fine !
Lightness is great, but not when it sacrifices strength and durability !
It's like the difference between the robustness of a Nissan Patrol and the relative lightweight and softer Mitsubishi Triton ( both of which I have owned ).

Rick

I don't think only one known failure out of many thousands of units hardly constitutes under engineering.
Only time will tell if more pop up.

I don't think only one known failure out of many thousands of units hardly constitutes under engineering.
Only time will tell if more pop up.
With respect Redfin, only one that you know of, there have been more. Not to mention the many DOA coils and coils / machines that have developed faults.
Lets not forget that these units have not been around very long !
I am a diehard Minelab fan, but I don't like the new Minelab way of doing things !

Rick

Latest posts