New Digger Been Swinging for a Couple of Weeks now! Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:pickshovel:

Finally after years of feeling the land pull me in and the prospect of Gold spark my interest i have purchased a second hand detector! (early birthday present) .

Dean a prospector from Heathcote hooked me up with his ""Minelab Extreme" as he had moved up to a sdc3200 and wanted to downsize on his equipment. He loaded me up with a harness, a homemade pick a farrier had fashioned for him, the original coil, a set of headphones and some other bits and bobs including a small piece of gold he had found to use as a reference for when i started out on my own. The interaction with Dean was extremely positive the only thing that was stopping us from spending the day out bush swinging was the fact i had to drive back home early that day.

Since that beautiful day in Heathcote i have been around to about 5 different spots locally and pulled heaps of lead bullets, 2 coins (The best finds yet) and even an old pocket knife. Sadly i haven't dug up any nuggets or specs yet but will keep on swinging and researching new spots to check out.

After an uneventful, deep trek into the bush this afternoon, battling with a quartz filled creek bed and getting prickled silly by the invasive Gorse Bushes im starting to think a new coil will expand my luck meter with yellow rock.
:goldpan:

Anyone with any suggestions on a decent coil for my Minelab Extreme any help would be appreciated.
After doing some internet digging the common upgrades for the Extreme i came across were the
- Coiltek 24" Ufo Mono Coil
- Coiltek 14" Mono Coil (DD)

Maybe for Christmas ill get myself a little High banker Sluice setup and take over the Creeks :Y:

Cheers and Happy Digging