Gold Tours - WA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfella

John
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A mate and I will be in WA about mid June and would like to go on a gold prospecting tour (1 - 4 days). We both are novices to the sport and our detectors (Garrett Infinium & AT International) probably indicative of that. Your advice on both the tours and detectors would be invaluable.

Cheers

Bigfella

Hey mate,

Most of the gold tours you see advertised over here are 7-10 days in duration and generally sold out by the start of the year. I do think there is a mob in Laverton that do a 3 day quad bike tour though-cant remember the name of them at the moment though. As for detectors, if you are going to spend money on a tour and a short one at that you would want to maximise your chances of getting gold by swinging a GPX i reckon, im pretty sure there is a few places over here you can hire them. Good luck when you get out there.

Thanks guys for your assistance, especially on the detector types, I'll do a little more reseach into areas etc and take it from there. As far as the detectors go, I might be able to find finances for a GPX4500.

Cheers

Bigfella :)

Nuggets From Down Under at Mudgee are the ones who do the Quad bike tours out of Laverton.

Qlden said:
Nuggets From Down Under at Mudgee are the ones who do the Quad bike tours out of Laverton.

Im pretty sure they sold out of Nuggets from down under and are not associated with them anymore, but yeah you are right in that it was them.They have a face book page called gold tours now. I had a mate that did one of the 10 day tours and loved it, got over a hundred little nuggies.

Again thanks guys but I'm travelling north, from home in Brissie (something I forgot to mention; seniour moment), but I have noted your responses for when I'm down Mudgee way.

Cheers

Bigfella

Latest posts