2021 Victoria Trout season

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tomorrow, Friday August 6, marks only four weeks remaining until the opening of the Victorian Trout Season at midnight on Friday, Sept 3.

We've had good rains, and all the streams and rivers up my way are running a banker, hopefully clearing out any remaining bushfire residue.

The extent of the rain, coupled with the yet-to-come snow melt could mean a late start to wading, but hopefully a good season could be on the way.

Please, please, please.....no lockdowns from Sept 3 :)

I haven't got out for a fish in the last few years. The fever took over and I have been panning whenever I get a chance.
I should really bust out the rod and lures this year and get back into it

HippyProspecting said:
I haven't got out for a fish in the last few years. The fever took over and I have been panning whenever I get a chance.
I should really bust out the rod and lures this year and get back into it

That's the beauty of trout fishing.....you can fish in the morning when the water's nice and cool, and then pan in the afternoon when the fish have all gone to ground.

Best of both worlds.

There's an old saying "Just imagine what the world be like without fishing........now slap yourself and never do that again" :)

Thanks for the reminder mate. My wands have been in the shed for 10 years or more and time to take out the saltwater flies and get a few bream whilst the weather is cool. Once the lockdown is over, of course.
Mackka

It's time for new ferrules and line type - the fibreglass should be ok..i think. And don't forget to regrease you ball bearings-don't like salt.

Latest posts