Windar Nox 800 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windar

Craig
Reaction score
Hi All
First thanks to all the posters for inspiration and knowledge.
Couple of finds photos as I learn the ropes, practice my coin popper technique and generally have fun. No turf was hurt in the making of this post.

Starting to find the right shapes, wrong metals
1622602610_coins_2.jpg

1622602610_coins.jpg

Thanks All
Second photo was a single 3 hour hunt, so keen to go back and finish the area.

Little hunt at another location last night and i think i found a plated watch face. Has that distinct gold reflection in the dark and non-magnetic if that makes any difference
1623980288_wed_hunt.jpg
1623980306_gold_plate_watch_face.jpg

And finally my first silver ring, little fishes
Permission for a backyard before before the house goes on sale
1623980363_silver_ring.jpg

Really enjoying the Nox, and everyone else's finds!

Thanks Sandta, Silver, Goldpick and GDA for your comments and I really enjoy seeing all your fantastic finds!

Went out to another location last night and finally found my first pre-decimals.
L-R
1964 Penny
1964 Ha'Penny
1954 Ha'Penny

and then the decimals. I know these ones aren't really worth anything but still it was a great feeling. Definitely want to go back to this location and see what else I can find. Searching around the old trees really does pay off.
1624088665_pre_decimal_coins.jpg

Also not sure what the handle? (top right) was from. Appears to have a key on the outside (currently filled with dirt in the pic) and a square hole for a shaft through the center. Any ideas?

Today's hunt result from a new park with plenty of trash

Top right is a 1907 Edward VII Penny and below a 1951 Ha'Penny

The little sword is metal with a small amount of red paint on it. No idea what that would be from...

Given the penny has been chewed by the mower should i clean it and if so what is the best way being Bronze?
Thanks

1625727267_penny.jpg

Windar said:
Given the penny has been chewed by the mower should i clean it and if so what is the best way being Bronze?
I usually go with toothbrush first, soft wire brush if that fails then lemon juice as a last resort.

So same location as the last post but a night hunt turned up a solid 30 signal 3 inches down.
Out came a copper 35.9mm diameter, 3.3mm thickness and weighing 26.725grams.
Has a nice thick rim around the outside but one side is almost smooth
1626517437_cartwheel1.jpg

Wasnt really sure what it was so cleaned it up with some lemon juice. Might have been a bad idea?
One side has been hand stamped with the words (and i think by hand as the P is much deeper than the other letters like more force was used in the strike)
Payn(e) cant see an e only guessing
Cutler
Aylesbury
1626517460_cartwheel2.jpg

1626517634_cartwheel3.jpg

Doing some basic searchers and couldnt really find anything specific but assume Aylesbury is the location and the other words might be name?
The other side gets interesting as I can only just make out REX along the top that is still a little wet (X is the clearest in the photo but very clear in the right light)
1626517758_cartwheel5.jpg

Opposite that i can read the lettering eorgius which is very hard to read and capture but runs along the bottom around the rim starting about 4oclock around to 7 oclock
1626517866_cartwheel4.jpg

So I am interested in people's thoughts or ideas about what this could be or how to find out more about this please
thanks
Craig

Could be an old 1797 Cartwheel Penny if it's 36mm in Diameter and weighs about 28.35 grams they did use old coins re-stamped with a different value for tokens at times.
Or forget me not token for convicts transported to the colony.
cheers db
Forgot to mention that the penny has REX on the Obverse side of the coin.

Thanks deepblue and Goldpick. I suspected but wanted to try and present a neutral account and see what the advice was from the more experienced.

Good news is still havent finished the site yet. Getting lots of old metal tubes (assume shaving cream or tooth paste) and house keys for some reason (keys are more modern, the set in the photo above plus at least three ones on their own). Also got my first mini pocket knife but it was far too gone and fell apart after retrieval. Can't wait to see what else I find.
Cheers

You know you are on a good site with coins that old still in the ground, will be interesting to see what else pops up. :eek:

So this is the next update.

You are right Goldpick, interesting location as now I have had another two searches to the same location but a different segment. I'm going to call this location Penny Lane as each visit has netted a Penny so far.

This is everything interesting
1627533111_29_july.jpg

Found two lipsticks and 3 mascara's. One of the lipsticks is a Cyclax and the other has a capital M on the end of it. The tube of toothpaste is from Pepsodent which isnt a brand I have heard of before and cant find a date.
1627533264_makeup.jpg

In the same space the jewellery came out of as well as the buttons and hair clips.
1627533353_button_and_jewelery.jpg

Finally a penny came out of the same area as well 1911. Then a 1949 Penny along the same line as all the others.
1627533427_1911_1949_penny.jpg

And a bonus item from another site. Token from Magic Mountain which was an amusement park at Glenelg which no longer exists.
1627533480_magic_mountain.jpg

I will keep looking at this area so cant wait to get back out

Latest posts