Loaming for Gold information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Book arrived today.
1627455381_screenshot_20210728_155822.jpg

silver said:
The long canvas sock with sturdy thin rope to tie off the sections as you gather samples to test.... the entire thing hangs over your shoulder and across your chest for ease of handling. Nowadays you could have your sections of the sock numbered and save the corresponding gps co-ordinates for when you do your cleanup. It's very important to know exactly where each and every sample was gathered from... so you can start to see the bigger picture of where the gold flow is sitting (or at least the heaviest spots to make it all the more worthwhile).

:Y:

I'm reading a book atn that states exactly that!

I remember years ago seeing a stockpile of bags of dirt all stacked for sampling of a particular mountain/large hill... all would have held 5-10 kilograms of dirt at least. There was an old gold mine there from the early days, but someone was testing all around the hill at varying heights in order to find where a hidden reef was shedding. The bags were starting to get older too, and I don't know what ever came of it at all, but they were doing it because the site was against a beach with a large creek, and gold could be found in the beach sands.
:p :goldnugget:

Latest posts