Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PhaseTech said:
OldGT said:
Anyone know where one is available?

Asking the question based on waiting lists and supply lag that was happening, not sure if its resolved.

If its still no stock might grab an SDC while waiting.

Any leads appreciated.

I've got a couple in stock if you're still chasing one.

Ok mate thanks for letting me know. Ill be in contact.

I seen on the internet that the 17" mono was released in the USA this week. Couple are out testing them now. ;)

1626425338_screenshot_20210716-184815_youtube.jpg

Went out last week with the 6000, second time out, found gold both times, first time I ran in auto 1 as I didnt know any better, found 3 bits for .25, all small.

Last weekend went out with a friend with a 7000 with the 12 NF , we detected he same area splitting the ground and also running over a couple spot each went over to see if we missed any bits, mate found 8 bits for 1.5G and I found 6 bits for .5G, all bits shallow and would have picked up with either, I did have a bit of issue with false targets in areas to the point I was second guessing myself on the detector even tho the biggest bit I found right in the middle of about 20 ironstone hot rocks so cant understand how I worked that out.

Im use to the sdc and you would get a false target or ground noise 1/1000 signals, so just need to revert back to the Gpx earlier models and scrape detect scrape and swing all angle and then decide what it is.

I was running in manual 2-3 early and then afternoon the ground was better so ran in 3-4 and then would swap to auto for a bit, EMI doesnt worry me but was not to bad, it was more the false ground signals.

I ran the 14 dd and tried both modes and was able to work out the sensitive parts on the coil, but just found it annoying to detect with and did not find anything for the 2 hours I had it on, still got false signals (I think they false)

Late in the day found a .22 slug at a foot deep and another piece of metal the same size about a foot to, the signals from ground level were solid and pull you up with EMI and ground noise every time.

Bonacini said:
Late in the day found a .22 slug at a foot deep and another piece of metal the same size about a foot to, the signals from ground level were solid and pull you up with EMI and ground noise every time.

I had a measly hour & a bit last weekend out with the 6000. Picked it up Saturday & no charge in the battery. Charged up overnight & dropped in on a couple of spots for a quick detect.

First location 6 signals inside 20m in a not so well known spot, none gold. Had 2 false signals about 30m away from the first spot.

Went to 2nd location which has been well done over & dug the tiniest lead shot I have ever detected 15" down.

Looking forward to when lockdown is over & get out on the ground for a decent session.

1626489749_6734afbd-fc04-4500-80d5-721154f0c573.jpg

Does anyone have a contact name or number for the supplier of this cable protector for a 6000?
I want to do a direct bank transfer to purchase. Have had our credit card hacked 3 times in last year and am a bit gun shy of using EBay

Cheers
Qlden

1627417944_01b3917a-c0d7-42e2-91b4-b196edb760b7.jpg

1627417944_0e431529-1b98-40bb-b0c9-5e3b00cf395b.jpg

1627417945_09716a8b-a594-47d3-9e85-51c871a868d2.jpg

Well the 6 and the 7 did some damage on this spot.
Just back after 4-5 weeks out pretty remote,i have to pass on what we seen running the 2 detectors side by because it was a bit surprising.
Ive got no idea on the no's of small reefy bits and specimens found but it's 500 plus easily,the main guts of the patch was only 10mtrs x10 i'd say with a nice glory hole at the top.
None of the gold was past the 1 foot mark except the glory hole.That was a jackhammer job.
We were both gob smacked at the performance of the 6 on this spot,the thing is red hot on specimens,now my wife is a die hard 7 user and very good with it,she uses zxpro headphones and the 14 on it usually,there was no room on this spot for 2 machines but we did find a few bits out on the fringes and a 2oz patch 1klm south so we compared a lot of targets when running both detectors.
Every single bit we compared the 6 had a much stronger signal then the 7,and one eye opener was a 2gr specy 30ft north of the spot,both detectors were going and i got a very faint signal with 6 and called her over,the 7 with the 14 on it really couldn't hear it,close but no cigar,we were both a bit a surprised and the boss said we should of filmed that,about 12-14" it came out,she ended up putting the nf12 on the 7 and it bridged the gap but on this spot and this reefy specy gold the 6 almost embarrassed the 7,if i wasn't using the 6 she would grab it b4 the 7 as the weeks rolled on.
If there was bigger deeper gold here i have no doubt the 7 would start to pull away from the 6 with the 11 on it,when the 17 arrives i'm not so sure.
It was a real eye opener how the 6 performed on this spot,we'll have 2 in our arsenal soon,we may just use the 7 for cleaning up deeper spots with a big x coil on it or along them lines.
To be honest i thought the 6 would be more or less an updated gpx5 lightened up and would maybe run a bit smoother over bad ground,it's nothing like it,she's chirpy a bit temperamental at times but once ya used to it shite they perform...

Latest posts