Prospecting far south coast

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all newbie here. I have been going out most weekends prospecting around the far south coast between bega and narooma. Just wondering if anyone would be keen to go out together mainly around dignams creek and tilba.

I have a very capable 4x4 so can access remote areas easily.

Currently have a goldrat 8 inch highbanker, Shovel, pans and a yabby pump

Cheers callum

Hi Archie,
No Go with the Highbanker. ]:D ]:D
Don't even mention that.

Nerrigundah,
Mogo,
Dignams Creek, Bit Hard with Locals and Nat. Parks etc,

No Go around Bega, Nat. Parks ETC,
Pambula and surrounds, Not too bad but stick to State Parks with a Permit,
Including some area's around Rocky Hall etc,

Last but not least, Yambulla and the whole State Forrest.

Wish I could take you out and about but time is my problem ATM>

Doug

There is no ban on highbankers in NSW. The ban is on the motorized water pumps. You can still use a banker as long as there is no motorized water pump attached to the banker.

Cheers
Jemba

Tathradj said:
Hi Archie,
No Go with the Highbanker. ]:D ]:D
Don't even mention that.

Nerrigundah,
Mogo,
Dignams Creek, Bit Hard with Locals and Nat. Parks etc,

No Go around Bega, Nat. Parks ETC,
Pambula and surrounds, Not too bad but stick to State Parks with a Permit,
Including some area's around Rocky Hall etc,

Last but not least, Yambulla and the whole State Forrest.

Wish I could take you out and about but time is my problem ATM>

Doug

Cheers for the tips will definitely check Mogo and yambulla out I've currently been bucket feeding the highbanker and I'll plan on getting a pump once I can get into vic to go with some mates

Hi Archie, Id be keen to head out with you. Still a relative newbie myself, but love to get out and have a go.

Jazz said:
Hi Archie, Id be keen to head out with you. Still a relative newbie myself, but love to get out and have a go.

Sounds good to me I'd love to get out more but currently restricted to Sundays only what area do you do your prospecting in

Im out at Tura Beach. The pickings are slim in this area. Been a while since I went out, but last few times has been around Tilba. Went out to Yambulla a couple of times, but Wallagarah river is marked a no go zone with Forrestry. So youve gotta be careful where to pick out there.

Id love to try Nerrigundah and Dignams Creek. But the locals have a habit of letting your tyres down. So Im saving that one for the safety in numbers mission. The cowards might be less inclined when faced with five or ten people.

Letting down tyres has always seemed counterintuitive. It almost sends the message that they want us to stay longer. Maybe thats what it is. Haha!

1626654054_img_0859.jpg
1626654076_img_0860.jpg
1626654101_img_0861.jpg

Sorry, not for sale !

Jazz said:
Im out at Tura Beach. The pickings are slim in this area. Been a while since I went out, but last few times has been around Tilba. Went out to Yambulla a couple of times, but Wallagarah river is marked a no go zone with Forrestry. So youve gotta be careful where to pick out there.

Id love to try Nerrigundah and Dignams Creek. But the locals have a habit of letting your tyres down. So Im saving that one for the safety in numbers mission. The cowards might be less inclined when faced with five or ten people.

Letting down tyres has always seemed counterintuitive. It almost sends the message that they want us to stay longer. Maybe thats what it is. Haha!

I'm definitely keen to hit dignams creek I've got a few mates that used to work out there and said they had a fair bit of luck but yeah the locals don't seem to like it and tilba has been my go to lately it's nice and close and has some nice deposits if you can find them

Jazz said:
Nice! Where abouts do you live?
Just let us know a weekend you might be free to head out if your keen and ill book it off work super keen to have someone to go out with

Latest posts