⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1627124945_rps20210111_123654_resize_34.jpg

1627124945_img_20210722_165424_907_resize_22.jpg

1627124946_rps20210111_120600_resize_16.jpg

Last couple of trips to my local creek, it's hard work convincing the gold to come out of the slatey bedrock cracks but at least it's usually a bit coarser than most spots round here.

Good ground last season
Still working out how to post pictures
Long story short is I worked a small hole in a local creek .
Ive have probably walked over this spot a few times as it didnt stick out , you know inside bend blah blah blah .
But it was about in the middle of the hole and what I found by accident was there was a large ledge under the gravel running across the stream , I first thought it was a large rock under the gravel only to find it was the top of a ledge ,
I quickly gave a few pumps with yabbie pump and was shocked to find a good quality of gold , I worked this maybe 3x3m area for a few weeks , I could only do 4hrs panning a day as it wrecked my back . I didnt have a sluice or a high banker .
Most days I would get in those 4hrs 4 to 6 grams with a few days at around 8.
No mustard gold its all pretty course gold .
Counted I had about 120pickers from this one spot ,a few around .35g. So not huge

Anyway thats my once in a while find .
Maybe pics work Im not sure and a few vids
I really missed the good stuff with video at how rich it was . I was just picking up a handful of gravel and could see the gold In it

1628136263_ba911868-89ee-4414-9663-fb132c2bb751.jpg

Good ground last season
Still working out how to post pictures
Long story short is I worked a small hole in a local creek .
Ive have probably walked over this spot a few times as it didnt stick out , you know inside bend blah blah blah .
But it was about in the middle of the hole and what I found by accident was there was a large ledge under the gravel running across the stream , I first thought it was a large rock under the gravel only to find it was the top of a ledge ,
I quickly gave a few pumps with yabbie pump and was shocked to find a good quality of gold , I worked this maybe 3x3m area for a few weeks , I could only do 4hrs panning a day as it wrecked my back . I didnt have a sluice or a high banker .
Most days I would get in those 4hrs 4 to 6 grams with a few days at around 8.
No mustard gold its all pretty course gold .
Counted I had about 120pickers from this one spot ,a few around .35g. So not huge

Anyway thats my once in a while find .
Maybe pics work Im not sure and a few vids
I really missed the good stuff with video at how rich it was . I was just picking up a handful of gravel and could see the gold In it

That pic is a pan that was about 3 pumps with the yabbie pump , was going to be my last pan of the day , I just reworked a crevice I overlooked and bam
So all up I got about 3Oz from this tiny area

Mandissa said:
Meh just look at Kiewa75 on Instagram for vids and pics of gold I got lol
Tell me if that works , my pics are to large to upload and I forget how to do it here
Just realised I already follow you on Instagram.You have found some real nice gold.

They are burning off near me in Sydney . There is no gold to be found , maybe a skeleton or two ......

⚠️ Warning - Restricted hazardous chemicals/dangerous goods use or discussion isn't endorsed by Forum Management. Individuals using any hazardous chemicals/dangerous goods do so at their own risk/s and need to ensure their own legislative compliance.
Hi mate, how do you go about removing the Mercury? is it or does it become a issue?

Regards Rod

Latest posts