Detecting gold underwater

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The old timers did have a problem working deep holes . Too hard to work unless you have a dredge . Try the USA .

Seen a yank working on the Shoalhaven river NSW before it got banned . He had a 8 inch rig driven by a Vee Dub engine . Think he sold it in Q'land be fore going home . Got 17 ozs. in the Shoalhaven , so he told me .

I would guess that the deepest pools and holes on the all god bearing rivers would be great target, if visibility allowed . All other areas of creeks have been dug but not the deep pools. Even in last years bad drought , some pools at Oallen still 6 to 10 feet deep . No one been down there since the dredging days !

Keep us posted

I Snip often, well when i can get away...... Got a great place where I go and most of the area is 1-2' deep max.. So just need a snorkel with an extension... Find colour every time i go and only 4hrs away in nsw... Do your research on gold areas and you will find some... Just have to watch out for sunburn on the back and the Massive Cod that live in the water.... They soon become friends with you as you stir up the bottom they will come in for a feed...

On another note, Using a Air-buddy may be Illegal in some states as you are using a Mechanical device to assist you... Ahhhh the good ol Dredging days...☺️

LW...

Last edited:

Latest posts