Tasmaniacs Trash 'N Treasure.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much info about these but they were used by British colonial forces all over the world. Seems odd, the snake generally being a symbol of evil, so maybe it was just a practical way to get your belt on and off quickly. My mate has a theory that because the zipper wasn't invented this was the best way to relieve yourself when nature calls urgently!

1628036434_20210804_094850_crop_46.jpg

1628036434_20210730_135336_crop_50.jpg

A couple of little silvers and an old, well loved fishing lure washed out by the recent king tides and rough weather. The lure looks like it has been repaired with copper wire after the outer shell split apart. Nothing wasted back then!

Well done Dave snagging some thrips at the beach :Y:
Looks like youve got the silver cleaning sorted, those wheaties look mint.
The older Eddie VII will be more of a challenge.... lets see how it comes up. :beer:

In amongst the lead too... would'a got the gold had it only been there hey !
:power: :cool: :Y:

1628055942_20210804_154116_crop_94.jpg

1628055943_20210804_154140_crop_80.jpg

That's after a good scrub on alfoil with bicarb paste. Certainly an improvement but now I'm thinking about making a whole lot of little foil balls and a big batch of bicarb paste and trying some in the tumbler. Just have to visit the shop for supplies cos I'll be in all sorts of trouble if I use up everything in the kitchen!

silver said:
In amongst the lead too... would'a got the gold had it only been there hey !
:power: :cool: :Y:
Mighty rude of everyone taking their jewellery off before they visit the beach, eh!

Those icy cold bony fingers down your way could hardly hold a ring on during the walk to the beach let alone long enough to go for a dip I'd recon.... they all fall off in the car park most likely :eek:

Waters a little coolish up here, but you can still swim with the sharks,sea snakes,blue bottles,box jellyfish,irrakanji jellyfish,stonefish,stingrays,mud skippers,and mudcrabs any old time ya want.... especially if your a tourist :p

Dave79 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../12713/1628055942_20210804_154116_crop_94.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../12713/1628055943_20210804_154140_crop_80.jpg
That's after a good scrub on alfoil with bicarb paste. Certainly an improvement but now I'm thinking about making a whole lot of little foil balls and a big batch of bicarb paste and trying some in the tumbler. Just have to visit the shop for supplies cos I'll be in all sorts of trouble if I use up everything in the kitchen!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

silver said:
Waters a little coolish up here, but you can still swim with the sharks,sea snakes,blue bottles,box jellyfish,irrakanji jellyfish,stonefish,stingrays,mud skippers,and mudcrabs any old time ya want.... especially if your a tourist :p
And if you like spearfishing - watch your buddy......

Grubs a blind wobat named dug then lol(sorry to all the blind Dougs in the world that are wombats) :p

Nice scores Dave :goldnugget: :money:

(Looks like an ounce all up too... lotta mustard there) :p

Latest posts