You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

numpty
11 July 2021 06:04 pm

it's about time i forced myself out to remove some of the guts that i have collected while being not too great in the health department not to mention the virus problems.

i am going to try and start to go back to all the local places i have been (within about 2kms from me).

most times i detected in discrimination mode but now i think i might do it in all metal mode, im sure i'm going to dig a lot of crap but maybe i might find a gem.

more i can dig the better even if it is rubbish smile .

i have only been out around half a dozen times since i last posted here argh awful

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door

1 user likes this post: Dave79

BigL
12 July 2021 11:02 am

aint nothing wrong with those 5000D's, Dad had one back in the late 70's and pulled a lovely 22oz nugget amongst many others over the ounce using it. First day out with it Dad and I paid for it with gold finds! Arh those were the days

Last edited by BigL (12 July 2021 11:06 am)

1 user likes this post: numpty

numpty
12 July 2021 01:23 pm

i have had a ball with this detector, i think that's why i didn't buy a new one.

there's going to be a lot of digging in all metal mode, i need to lose a few kg's awful so should suit me just fine tongue

i wish it was still the 70's, you must of been very happy with it back then! thumbsup gold-nugget

the only nuggets this has touched since i have had it is a few dry dog nuggets that i moved with the coil, not the fresh one's though lol

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door

3 users like this post: silver, Sandta, golddiggerart

BigL
12 July 2021 10:06 pm

haha.. yeah wrong sort of nugget Numpty. Loose weight, maybe you need to stop knocking off the rig floors smoko cool

Yeah some great times had back then, was a lot easier in those days to come home rewarded.

goldtrapper
13 July 2021 12:31 pm

I found loads of coins in the Sydney parks and beaches in the late 80's with a 6000D series 3. Awesome machines for their time.