Minelab Equinox 800 tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO NEED for the 800 on the beach 600 more than capable save the extra money for a decent sand scoop set up or waterproof headphones

awesome call post #4 anger management this is exactly what i have just found on my first outing with the 2021 nox and latest firmware here in the pilbara...hot rocks 11-13..............................p.s im a noob to fourms

Will wet clay effect gold readings. Why I ask is because I was out near Talbot after a good rain fall the night before and could not even find my test gold which is .2g and at the depth of about 1 inch. 6 inch coil gold mode 2 what is going on. Please help.

Bads Gold said:
Also need to add that the threshold will not be as quiet and smooth as an SDC or GPX - there will still be some small occasional crackles and pops but not bad at all and after a little while you wont notice it. But a good non ferrous signal will come through confidently and once you have found your first piece you will know exactly what you are listening for.

Hi mate are you using the nox in all metal for this setting

Mine plays up in wet, red soil and even on some of the grey slate bedrock round here where it's wet. The only solution I've found is to put it in all metal then reject any of the numbers that are coming up as false signals. Usually have to reject-9 to -4 and everything from 10 to17.

Dave79 said:
Mine plays up in wet, red soil and even on some of the grey slate bedrock round here where it's wet. The only solution I've found is to put it in all metal then reject any of the numbers that are coming up as false signals. Usually have to reject-9 to -4 and everything from 10 to17.

Thanks for the reply Dave79. I am glad that my nox is not playing up. I have tried to reject -9 to -4 in gold mode 2 in all metal and cant get it to work I would love to know how this is done cheers

Can't detect in all metal with rejected numbers, just use it to find the hot rock numbers then switch it off and go to the accept/reject settings menu and you go through all the numbers with the +/- buttons and hit tick/cross to make the black squares around the dial appear or disappear...... clear as mud????

:Y:
Dave79 said:
Can't detect in all metal with rejected numbers, just use it to find the hot rock numbers then switch it off and go to the accept/reject settings menu and you go through all the numbers with the +/- buttons and hit tick/cross to make the black squares around the dial appear or disappear...... clear as mud????

Dave79 said:

Cheers Dave79. I will give that a go next time I am out thank you for explaining that to me. Hope you get some good nuggets down you way.

Latest posts